Smashbox Photo Finish

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
New! Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 15 With Dermaxyl Complex, $42
p.gif

Has anyone ever used this? Can you wear it without makeup? Do you need moisturizer under it?

You don't need moisturizer underneath it, but I usually do. As far as wearing it without make-up, I've never done that. I use it to create a smoother canvas for the make-up. The great thing is that the make-up lasts so much longer when I do have it on and stays true to color.

I loved this product at first, but after a couple of weeks my skin started breaking out. Stopped using it for a while and gave it another shot, but once again I broke out. Too bad, because it really helped my foundation look flawless and last longer. My friend started using it based on my initial recommendatin and she loves it--no trouble at all with breakouts.

I love this stuff too as it makes my makeup look better, last longer and doesn't break me out. I had tried primer from Nars, Dior and Este lauder before which all broke me out. It's amazing how everyone gets different reactions to beauty products, which is why I love Sephora. If it breaks me out, back it goes for a refund!

Yes, SMASHBOX's primer is AMAZZZZZZZING! I always get my stuff at sephora too! lol and if it doesn't work out, back for a refund/exchange! The SA's there are nice too, they'll recommend great products!

Haven't tried to the new one tho with the SPF15 Demaxyl Complex... has anyone else? Does it feel different?

I don't actually wear a foundation, I wear a tinted sunblock every day - I'm trying to determine whether this would improve the application of the sunblock which can be a bit moist.

I got it but I haven't used it yet. Do you think it works better if you moisturize first?
On the package said that it should be used on clean and dry skin but I think it would be better if I used it after the moisturizer

Yes it's definitely better to moisturize before the photo finish! especially if you have sensitive skin. I used it without moisturizer and after I washed off my make-up at the end of the night, my skin was a bit bumpy/blotchy without using moisturizer first. ):

Hi. I love it. I tried adding moisturizer but my face started breaking out. I use the Photofinish and then the foundation. The only bad thing is that the pump might stop working. Then you have to slam the bottle against a padded surface to try to get the stuff to be around the pump hose. I am now using a qtip to get it out of the bottle.