Slightly overweight and going on a trip next week. Any suggestions?

1. I'm slightly over my normal "fit" weight and by slight, I mean 5 pounds. Many of you may think 5 pounds is nothing but for someone of my petite size, it makes a HUGE difference. The impact of 5 pounds on my body is 1 pants size up and its visually noticable. I find myself avoiding jeans these last few weeks because they feel INCREDIBLY tight and suddenly, my stomach bulges. I showed my sister who normally says I am thin and she is disgusted and appalled at how something like that happened so quickly. I used to feel fit and now I just feel unhealthy and sort of sluggish.

I'm going on a trip next week... and I really would like to be more fit by then. I'm not expecting a miracle or to be able to lose that weight in a week (is that even possible?) but any suggestions would be helpful. :p
  2. I would just recommend eating healthy- have 5 small meals a day. Make sure you exercise- some aerobic work outs, 3-4 before you go.

This may make you feel better- and help a tad.

No worries, it happens to the best of us :yes:
  3. I would lose my sister, not the weight if I were you. That's not nice!
  4. ITA! :yes:
  5. ^ She didnt mean it in a mean way.

Megs - thank you!!
  6. Drink lots of water.
  7. I am short and I definitely agree with you, on a short person 5 pounds can put you into the next size up very easily. People who are taller can absorb 5 pounds a lot easier. I'd avoid soda and anything carbonated, it will make you bloated. Have a great trip!
  8. I know how you feel..I'm 5ft and it's amazing how much of a difference 5lbs can make in a small frame!!

As Megs and the other ladies have pointed out...try to inlcude some cardio workouts they will make you feel so much better and drink lots of water..basically watch what you eat in the next couple of days.
  9. Eat lots of lean meats...chicken, pork, bison/buffalo (it's actually better than chicken, believe it or not), tuna, salmon. Veggies and fruits... non refined starches...etc etc.
    And cardio, cardio, cardio.
  10. Eat a balanced diet, exercise (it keeps your bones strong, heart healthy and releases endorphines) and most important enjoy your trip!
  11. OMG, I am the same way (Hence my signature). I find doing 2 workouts a day (am & pm) helps get fit quick. Good luck:smile:
  12. Cut out a few calories but by all means, don't starve. Get some exercise, drink water and don't think about it so much.
  13. I am in the same boat -- although in my case it is an extra 12 pounds --but I am 5'6' and muscular enough that it is probably about the same impact as your 5 pounds.

Leaving on a trip in two weeks and what I have started doing is lean protein (beef& fish) lots of non-starchy veggies, especially dark green leafy ones, non-starchy fruits and berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries) and NO refined carbs at all. And lots and lots of water.

I know that I cannot healthily lose 12 pounds of fat in two weeks, but cutting out processed and refined foods and drinking a ton of water will pull off enough bloat that I will feel better and fit into my clothes properly.

Whenever I eat super healthy like this, I always feel so good -- but once I slip into eating processed foods, refined stuff, etc. it seems as if the more fat and bloaty I feel, the harder it is to get back into eating right:confused1:
  14. Hey...we all have times when we are bigger than our "normal" could get some loose-fitting pants if your holiday trip is casual enough...else I LOVE wearing skirts during trips anyway..

as for losing weight, just eat till 60-70% full...regularly...small meals are always a good idea...

keep hydrated, eat lots of fibre (both soluble and insoluble)...If you don't have a lot of physical activities in your lifestyle, you could go with all veges or just very little meat until your trip...It's not unhealthy, I swear!!! And veges can be very filling too