Sky News Presents: Most Iconic Film Locations

1. What do you think is the most iconic place in London for films?
    According to a new poll it's Big Ben.

The clock came top for a scene in the 1978 thriller The Thirty Nine Steps, where Robert Powell hangs off it.

So what about other landmarks?

I've walked up those stairs to get to the clock to hear Big Ben chime, and believe me, there are WAY more than 39 steps!

1601350.jpg
  2. Just behind Big Ben came St Paul's Cathedral for the scene in Mary Poppins where passers-by feed pigeons on the front steps.

At the start of 28 Days Later, Cillian Murphy finds himself completely alone and he wanders over a deserted Westminster Bridge.
    It's obviously busy here but the location came third.

The neon lights of Piccadilly Circus. It was fourth thanks to the scene of carnage in the 1981 horror An American Werewolf in London.

It shares joint fourth with Downing Street.
    PM Hugh Grant dances down the stairs in Love Actually.

Wonder if he gave Gordon Brown any tips?

In The World Is Not Enough, James Bond, played by Pierce Brosnan, drops down on to the Millennium Dome from a hot air balloon.
    The landmark was sixth in the poll.

1601357.jpg 1601353.jpg 1601356.jpg 1601348.jpg 1601354.jpg
  3. Just behind it was Westminster Abbey for The Da Vinci Code, even though the inside scenes were filmed in Lincoln Cathedral.

Portobello Market is joint eighth for another Hugh Grant film, Notting Hill.

It shares that spot with Covent Garden for My Fair Lady and the scene where Eliza Doolittle sells flowers.

Jamie Oliver at Borough Market.
    It was the location for the restaurant where Grant and Colin Firth come to blows in Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason.

1601349.jpg 1601361.jpg 1601351.jpg 1601355.jpg