Sky Blue Twiggy -- Good buy??

1. This is a pretty color, I found it somewhere for around $450, is this a good buy :biggrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. were the back of the studs painted???

3. um. I think this bag used to be a white twiggy that received a dye job and became sky blue.

4. yeah same here.

5. whoa! how is that possible!

6. Here are more pictures, a dyed white twiggy? Oh no!! :amazed:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. woow....how??its used to be white?!?!?!?!

8. You can do a dye job like that? Wow!
    It's pretty used, but for that price, I guess it evens out.

9. the color looks JUST LIKE my sky blue hobo. so if that's a dye job, it's pretty fantastic! it's just weird that in 2 of the pictures you see white cracks on the blue...maybe it's just dry. try lubing it with lubriderm.

btw, CUTE CAT!

10. yeah, something about it looks a bit odd.. I see the blue rivets too. If it's been dyed, it's a fantastic job.

11. i think it was painted or dyed as well. the sky blue i had didnt have leather like that, the color is just about dead on though!

12. If it's been dyed why are the backs of the rivets blue?

13. I think it's an awesome job, but the cracking gave it away. When the leather on bbags get dry, they don't show white underneath. It's a technique I use to spot used fake bags, because I know the color just doesn't rub off like that in real bags. The bag looks too real to be fake, so I'm voting for good dye job. (the studs underneath are painted) Considering the size of the stud that was painted, it's probably a very old white twiggy (before the notched studs).

14. mlert, you are right. the color of this bag is different from my sky blue. i can see some of the color coming off in the first set of pics. it's still a good price, isn't it?:blink:

15. it looks weird in the whole bag photo. but the leather is TDF