skipping my HS reunion, will i regret it

I've skipped both of mine so far... and don't regret it at all. I don't see the point in spending time with people you haven't talked to in 10 years. :shrugs:

High school was great and all, but I don't understand the nostalgia people feel toward it. I'd much rather spend my time planning my future.

I don't intend this to sound negative, I do think it is wonderful that some people go and are reunited with old friends/flames and have great times. It's just not for me.

skipped my 15 yrs. I regret it big time!

I feel nostalgia for my high school years because in my country it is a little bit different than here in US. I attended to a catholic private school from kindergarden to high school. I spent 14 years of my life with the same group of kids. There are my friends since we were toddlers. We are only 60 not 900 like somebody mentioned in this thread.

I skipped my 10 year (I also went to a small school which went from preK through 12th grade, so was at the same school with most of these people from age 5 on), but those friends of mine who did go to the 10 year had a blast! They said that for the most part the "cliques" that were so prevalent during HS had, at least for the night, broken down . . . My fiance, however, skipped his 10 year (he went to a huge public school) and people didn't have such a great time at his, apparently.

I'm looking forward to 20 though . . . :smile:

I have to admit something that nobody else has posted here yet...my main reason for not going was financial! I'd always planned to go to my 20th, since I'd gone to my 5th but missed my 10th. I had fun in high school, and enjoyed my time there. When my 20th rolled around, though, the invitation said it cost $100 per guest (at a crappy hotel near the airport)! I'd also have had to book a hotel for the night, since it was several hours away from my home. So, between tickets for my boyfriend (who hadn't gone to my school) and myself, plus hotel room and gas, it would have cost me at least $400-500 to attend.

I checked the guest list and there were people I was friendly with, but nobody I was all that close to or dying to see (the ones I was really good friends with, I'd either stayed in touch with or gotten back in touch with already)...so I decided against it! You've just got to weigh all the options and then see what your gut tells you--then you'll find making a decision much easier!

well im class of 1999 so im not sure if im going i was going to go but i do not want people to say mean things about me i married up my husband is very goodlooking and the ladies like him a lot evenat work so i may not go i put on a few pounds well100 pounds i was a size 10 then try a size 18/20 now so if i can get thepounds off i may i also have a lot of dental work to do im just scared

My reunion was just recently and I didn't go. It was so long ago that I graduated (20 years!) and I haven't had much (if any) contact with the majority of people I went to school with that I just didn't care to go, you know. I have nothing in common with them any longer and just really wasn't interested. And I really don't regret it ... but that's just me.

I went to my 20th reunion and had a fantastic time. Much better than I expected!! I went to a all girl's high school, so the reunion was a lunch and just a lot of fun catching up. I was at a horrible low point, out of work, just broke with with my boyfriend, so I was a little afraid to go. But my old classmates were so supportive and each one had her own trials, tribulations and triumphs. No body has the perfect life. I felt a lot of love and caring at the reunion.

I'm in agreement with everyone that the 20th is the one to go to. The maturity level is there, suddenly you have a lot in common with people you never did before and you get closure too.(if you need it)

I didn't go to my 10 year, and I don't regret it. I'm in touch with the people from high school that I care about, and there isn't anyone I missed enough that I would go to the reunion to catch up with them, especially after not hearing from them for 10 years. College is another story, I love going back to my college for homecoming and reunions.