Skinny vs. Straight Leg Jeans ... which do you prefer?

Which jeans do you prefer?

• Skinnies

• Straight Leg

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have you tried wearing straight legs, or skinnies, with slouchy, or chunky boots (worn outside the jeans and ideally, in a lightish-to-medium colour [e.g. tan, grey, or lightish brown] and with a thickish, slightly [but not too] tapered heel and small platform)?

They provide the width at the ankle and lower leg that you would otherwise get from a bootleg cut (to balance the hips) and in the case of the ones with the thickish, slightly tapered heel, elongate the leg. :yes:
Thank you for the detailed info! :flowers:

I have not tried skinnies with boots, yet. The problem is, is that I'm not much of a boot wearer since I'm quite petite (and.. boots & short legs don't mix)

Though, I do have one pair of D&G fur boots (that have somewhat of a thick ankle) that I want to try with some skinnies, now that you've mentioned how the added width at the ankle could help with balancing out my hips

I voted for straight leg. I love the look of skinnies but let's face it a size 8 here with a booty and 30" inseam, they're not going to look so hot, LOL.

I do have a pair of R&R Costellos or something like that and they are the skinniest leg jeans I have. they are (or were) super dark denim and I wore them a lot with black cashmere tops and black high heeled boots (not tucked in). That was the most flattering on me, keeping an unbroken dark line the whole length of my body. But still, not my best look.

Straight leg!! I love the look of skinny jeans and I wished they looked as good on me as they do on the people I see wearing them but with my body type... thats just not reality. I'm short and with not so thin legs and they just make my legs look really short and my butt wide. Terrible! I have this theory that even slightly taller people, around 5'4, don't need to have as thin of legs to look good in skinnies whereas if one is short, one needs to be even thinner. My sister whose legs are about the same proportionally as mine but 3" taller looks good in skinnies whereas I don't. But, I have heard of a miracle skinny where a girl who was curvy wore them and they made her look amazingly good. So until i find that pair, I'll stick to straight leg.

I have both styles...BUT just found the best mix of styles ever! LEVIS Straight/Skinny with a mid-rise. They fit like a skinny but not as tight at the bottom and not as full as a straight. Anyways...love them!

As I've read through this thread, I discovered that it's the really long skinnies that make my thighs look unbalanced. Ankle length skinnies with high heel ... different story.