Skinny long extra strap on XL Muse (YSE) ??

1. what the heck is that strap for?

2. I had the same strap on my medium Yris Muse too. it was there to use as a shoulder bag (like in the winter when you couldn't fit those small straps over your shoulder), but I it like a messenger style bag (the bag was small enough so it worked okay that way).

3. Hmmm, interesting. I wish they would have made it thicker.

Can you tell me where on the bag do you attach the strap too? I'm a little lost......

4. On the actual straps ring. You attach one side to the front and the other side to the back of the bag (but opposite rings) like an LV Alma for example. Here is a pic that might help:

muse pics rs1.jpg

5. My XL muse didn't come with a strap? It must be a yse thing?

6. Thank you! That helps, I was searching all over the bag for extra rings (stuipd me!). I love all your bags, you are so lucky to have 3! I just got the snow leopard XL and I love it, but my 15 year old daughter said:

"Mom! If you wear that I'm soooooo going to put a bag over my head and hide"

She says it reminds her of what a little old lady would carry (and I am only 34!).

Can I wring her neck? I really love the bag but she has this uncanny way to spoiling my happiness.

7. Ohhh!! You did end up getting the Snow leopard!! I LOVE that one (I think the white background is gorgeous!!) STUNNING!! Congratulations, so lucky. I read in another thread awhile back that they saw someone in LA crossing a main street with one and that it was a show stopper. It stands all on it's own (it is the outfit). DEFINITELY a bag that I would NOT see on my Grandma! You'll look fantastic carrying that beauty!

And I've since gotten rid of that brown YRIS Muse because I finally got my Dark brown XL Muse that I had really wanted. But I love the Muse shape in any color, fabric. Beautiful, classic bags.

Beauxgoris.... I believe only the 'YSE' and 'YRIS' Muse styles came with the extra strap.

8. I feel so much better, I really needed to hear that. I soooo love this bag and when my teen said that, it made me think twice. But then I thought of something else, she's at the age where parents just generally to her, are embarrasing. It irritates me because I am practically the youngest mom out of all the mothers at her school (I had her very young) so she should be THANKFUL I am not some huge, old, wrinkled mom but rather a hip and fashionable mom.

Phew :flowers:

9. ^^ so she should be THANKFUL I am not some huge, old, wrinkled mom but rather a hip and fashionable mom.

:smile: EXACTLY!! But she really won't 'get it' until she is a bit older. Then she'll think back and appreciate it I'm sure. She'll hope she is just as chic as her mom (....AND she'll hope you give her that exact same Snow Leopard Muse she poo poo'ed... ;) ).

10. Lovely picture of the family.

11. Does anyone know where to find a YSE or Yris online in chocolate???? I love this bag!!!

12. I thought that the Yse and Yris are separate YSL bags, not Muses, because they lack the Muse's distinctive "Y" on the front and the lock on the front??????

13. The YSE & Yris are 'variations' of the regular Muse style. They are not the regular Muse style we all know. And the Yris does have the 'Y' if you take a look at the pic I posted of the medium brown Yris (it is grouped with my medium white & large black regular Mues). You will see a distinctive 'Y' formed by the braiding. It even has the same shape of the Muse. It's simply a "variation" of the regular Muse style.... an offshoot that they call 'YRIS' & "YSE" styles. When you call the SA, ask for a YRIS or YSE. However, the Saks San Fran SA simply called it a 'MUSE' when she sent me my Brown YRIS. :smile:

14. What a good idea. I wish they would have included a strap with the regular Muses as well.