Skinny jeans, yea or nay?

1. So, I've been trying to find a pair of summer jeans (or something lighter weight), and all I can find now are skinny jeans. Being 5'3", and not so great thighs, I can't seen myself falling for the trend. I tried some on, and although the SA liked them on me, I still hated them.

What do you guys think? Anyone have skinny jeans? Is this a trend that you hope does not come back (even though it looks like it is)?

2. Not on me but like them on others

3. I was in Sweden in the fall and everyone wore them over there...and now they're here. Ewww 80s I wish they'd go away! I refuse to even try them on....what's next spandex and leg warmers (which BTW in Sweden they were wearing leg warmers, and high top 80s running shoes everywhere...even the guys wore the skin tight skinny jeans!!!!)

I definitely think it's a trend that will go away (hopefully quickly lol)

4. I think skinny jeans can look awesome, but I don't think they're very forgivable to the thighs.

I had them back in the day, but I'm too in love with bootcut and capris to turn away from either.

5. Yea! If they suit you. Nay! If they don't. :biggrin:
    I love skinny jeans, :love: because I'm tall and my thighs are not my main problem area. Boyfriend Cut jeans are a more forgiving trend, for many, IMO.

6. if you decide to go the skinny route, make sure they're dark! i saw one of the Victoria's Secret models on tv yesterday wearing light skinny jeans, and they even made HER look like she could stand to lose a few pounds.

7. not for me..too curvy

8. Yay on the right person,Nay on the wrong.

I'm giving them a miss,but I can appreciate skinny jeans on skinny people.

I think the rule is "When in doubt,don't." :flowers:

9. i like them on some people. depends if you can pull them off. but only you would know for sure.

10. I love skinny jeans!

11. I'm still on the fence about this.

12. love love love :love: skinny jeans!!!!
    i don't exactly like how they look on me(i'm a bit short:1.68m), but i love them!!they make evrything look a bit more elegant!for me it'a s yay!:upsidedown:

13. I have to disagree with you on that one, Quirky!

IMO, I don't think you have to be skinny to suit them; I think it's more about proportions.

If you are pear-shaped (carry most of your weight on your butt and legs), other styles will probably be more flattering. If you are heart shaped (larger boobs and/or upper arms), or apple shaped (larger midriff) they should suit you fine. :smile:

14. I love my skinny jeans. But the tapered legs are hard to pull off.

15. i love it only on people who can pull it off.