Skincare for Dry/Acne Prone Skin?

1. Does anyone have any recommendations for extremely dry, acne prone skin? I have been using Pro-Activ but it seems to have quit working. I can't use too rich of a lotion because it will break my skin out. My skin is strange, it can get too dry and break out or I use a lotion that is too oily and it makes my break out. Does anyone have any problems like this? I am 32 and sure feel like I have teenage skin again. :rolleyes:
  2. It sounds like your acne products are too drying. I heard recently that when a new product makes skin break out it's often because of an allergy/sensitivity, rather than oiliness. Maybe you could try something very gentle like cetaphil for awhile and see if it helps. I tried Proactiv and it made my skin freak out-- it was simultaneously broken out and flaky. Proactiv is very drying; there's nothing moisturizing in it :nogood:
  3. I'm in my twenties and also have dry acne prone skin. I currently use Neutrogena Anti-wrinkle moisturizer with spf 15 for the daytime, and at night I use Philosophy Hope in a Jar (sensitive skin version).
  4. I recently did a lot of research on the Oil Cleansing Method, and just started using it. I was freaking out thinking about putting oil on my oily acne skin, but took the plunge and started.
  5. If you want a good moisturizer that's good for oily skin, try DDF. They have an oil-free moisturizing gel that I use on my forehead (where I break out) and it's enough so my skin's not dry, but also keeps it from getting oily.