Skin Tag removal?

1. Hi ladies,

Sorry for posting twice so close together, but I've got another question.

I've got skin tags. A few under each armpit, and one on my eyelid. The one is not very noticeable, and doesn't bug me and since I've got a freckle on the other eyelid in the same spot, I feel it makes my face very symetrical, lol.

But the ones under my arms do bother me and make me feel very self concious when I wear a bathing suit or a tank top...or even a short sleeved shirt where you can see the underarms.

Have any of you ever had a skin tag removed?? I'm scared that it will hurt since the underarm is such a sensitive region. I shaved under there with an electric razor once, and it yanked one of them off by accident, and it bled and hurt like a :censor:.

2. I have one on my neck - my husband thinks it looks like a rice-bubble. Anyway onto removal......

My friend had one on her stomach and decided to remove it herself. She tied some dental floss tightly around it thinking it would drop off after a few days. Instead of it dropping off it grew to the size of a small grape! It didn't hurt at all but was much larger than what it started out at. She panicked and cut it off with a pair of nail clippers. I was on the phone to her at the time, horrified that she was doing this! Anyway, she chopped it off and said it didn't hurt at all! There was no blood, but a bit of clear fluid. She left it on the bedside table and it shrivelled up to virtually nothing. OMG, I still can't believe she did this. I absolutely do not recommend trying to remove it yourself, but a doctor will be able to take care of it. I'm all grossed out now, just thinking about her doing this. Ick!

Good luck Lamiastella, keep away from the dental floss!

3. My sister got hers removed from her neck underneath her arms. It didn't hurt, she had no scars and she is so glad she did it....no more shaving trama! She does have a couple on her right eye but she did not want to mess with them and still has no plans to. I don't even notice them but I've seen her almost everyday for 30 yrs. Get them removed by your derma, safely.

4. do not attempt to do it yourself!:shocked:
    My Dermatologist charges $75 and will do a whole slew of them, they numb it and then trim it off. Not really painful and he can do about a dozen of them in 10 minutes or so. Call a Derm near you, it's a VERY common in office procedure, I'd guess they do this a few times/day everyday.

5. The dermatologist will remove them quickly and virtually no pain involved, no scars, etc. Very simple.

6. my dad clips his off w/nail clippers too w/no prob. sorry 4 the abbreviations, holding my 6mo dd

7. My husband has one in his armpit and he was going to have our doctor remove it. The doc said it would cost $80 and told him to just have me do it at home with some peroxide and a sharp pair of scissors. We haven't done it yet b/c it freaks me out, but he said it is totally harmless. He said it would bleed a bit, but should stop after a few minutes.

Apparently people do this all the time, but I personally think it's a bad idea!!

8. I have a big one kinda under my arm, but my bra covers it. I have had some moles removed and I always forget to mention it to my doctor! Someone told me they are from friction. I have removed a few myself, with nail clippers or just pulling it. yes it hurts like a #@!&*%$!! Mine bled forever. They never came back. My mom is a nurse (retired) and she said the older you get the more you'll see. Which proves that God is a man, because a woman wouldnt give us skin tags!

9. I had them removed with a laser procedure, it scabs over and flakes off within a week! I feel sooo much better and less self conscious. Very simple and fairly painless procedure! :cutesy:

10. I've never had one, but a friend of mine did. It bothered him, so he went to the doctor. I guess the doc said it could be cancerous because it was all discolored, so he froze it using some chemical and then snipped it off. It still grosses me out thinking about it.