Skin Help!

1. Does anyone know of a product that will help make my skin less oily? Ive been going insane! First I tried that Mint Julep Mask and that shrunk my pores but Im still oily. Then I used Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets but my face was shiny 2 hours later. Its not genetic because my no one else in my family has this problem. I could sit around all day not doing anything that will make me sweat but Id still have a shiny face. :sad: Any suggestions?
  2. I've heard the aspirin mask works well for oily skin. I don't have oily ski (just the opposite actually!) so i don't know this first hand, just from what I've read.
  3. ^ I agree w/ the aspirin mask. It works wonders.
  4. I tried one before and it made my skin extremely dry even after I used moisturizer. Any other suggestions?
  5. thanks! ill definitely try them out! :tup:
  6. I use two facial scrubs daily:
    Clean and Clear oxygenating scrub with exoliating beads
    and Clearasil daily oil control wash with green tea.

I also suggest Juicy Couture's caviar facial.
  7. Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque.

Search for the thread I started about it and you will read about many PFers experiences with this product.
    It is super cheap but it works as well (if not better) than expensive masks.
  8. Try the Dermologica range - they have a number of targeted products and they are the best. I have used them for years and my skin is one of the (few) things people comment on (positively!).
  9. I have the exact same problem as you and I just got on the entire Skin Ceuticals skin care line. It is usually only available through your derm or plastic surgeons office. I have never had anything work for me and this line seems to be doing it for me.
  10. Try plain Milk of Magnesia (Mylanta) You can apply a very thin layer before putting on your makeup (It dries clear) or you can use it as a mask. Magnesium Hydroxide is an absorbent and also has antibacterial properties for skin (Good for Acne) Works Wonders!

Also, If you are using a moisturizer, I would skip that, you dont need it with oily skin. Make sure you are using an oil free/matte foundation- an emollient foundation will add to the problem.
  11. i tried this, it really works! even after a day, my face isn't oily :biggrin:
  12. ??????????????????What is the aspirin mask?????????????
  13. The aspirin mask is a mask made up of crushed aspirins and honey. After you apply the mixture to your face you leave on for about 10-15 minutes then with the grainy texture from the aspiring you exfoliate your face. After rinsing your face will feel much softer and cleaner. I usually follow up with toner and moisturizer on my cheeks which tend to become dry easily.
  14. if you shouldn't use moisturizer, what do you use for spf??