Size Zero Vicky B. Bans Size Zero Girls From Modelling Her Jeans

1. 31st January 2007

You could not make it up. Ultra-thin clothes horse Victoria Beckham has announced she is to ban size zero models from promoting her trendy denim fashion label.

In a bizarre twist, the size zero ex-Spice girl, who has been nicknamed 'Skeletal Spice' because of her twig-like frame, has declared she does not want women like herself, to model her denim range.

According to The Mirror, Posh has hired a voluptuous Brazilian beauty Daniella Sarahyba to represent her brand.

Daniella's website describes the 21-year-old as having 'a perfectly sculpted body with the curves and meat in all the right places'. Unlike Posh, who is famous for wearing jeans that could fit a seven-year old.
    Victoria recently said: "I know quite a few models and they actually eat, they're just naturally thin girls."

A source said: "Victoria wants to give out a positive image that you don't have to be ultra skinny to look good.
    "Many of the models on the catwalk make young girls feel insecure about their own bodies.

"Victoria doesn't want to be accused of giving young girls a complex about their image and putting pressure on them to be as skinny as her."
    The size zero issue has sparked huge debate. Spain was the first country to ban size zero models on the catwalk. Recently, British Fashion Week refused to impose a similar ban. But whether Posh will consider expanding her own tiny frame to add a bit of meat to her sinewy limbs, remains to be seen.
  2. Good for her!! :yahoo:
  3. That's great :smile:
  4. That's great, I applaud her for it (and that model is certainly stunning!) but it really sends a mixed message- she admits that she's too thin and doesn't want teenage girls trying to look like her, but at the same time she admits to having some disordered eating/body image issues?
  5. I think its great that she doesnt want those kind of role models for young girls. Im starting to like her..
  6. That's kinda weird, but its good! She would do well with a few extra pounds herself.
  7. It sure is gathering her press
  8. Good for her!
  9. ^She never said that she had an eating disorder, but credited her thin frame for healthy chioces for food.. I love the fact that she's promoting the whole curvier/fuller bod!
  10. Good for her..
  11. I don't think she is a size 0, more like 00 to me :smile:

To be honest, I don't think banning skinny models will do any good, except for those models themselves.

12. That's the thing, though, isn't it? People who are anorexic often know it's wrong and damaging, but they can't help it. :sad:

Thankfully, she's obviously a caring person, who, because she knows how awful it is, firsthand, doesn't want to be responsible for others following suit.

I applaud her, too! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
  13. Was VB always a size 0? I don't remember her from her "Spice" days.

If she was always tiny and petite then the ban seems valid. Otherwise I think it is somewhat hypocritical.
  14. good for her!

Has anyone actually seen her denim line in stores yet? How is the fit?
  15. ^^^I agree. She should practice what she is trying to get across. She was never as thin back in the day. I am waiting for her to say it's a thyroid problem. /