Sirius vs Keepall - Luggage Battle Royale

1. So here is the issue -- I have always had my heart set on getting a Mono Keepall 55 or Keepall 60. However today I went into the San Francisco LV store and fell in love with the Mono Sirius 45 and 55 pieces.

Part of me really likes the Sirius line because I have not seen any knock-offs of it --the Keepall seems to be readily knocked off. Additionally, the Sirius just has a cool shape, but then there is my trusty friend the Keepall. It holds alot and is just a great basic bag to have around for quick jaunts and looks a less "precious" than the Sirius to me.

ARGH! :crybaby: What to do...what to do! Anyone have the Sirius line and can give me feedback on if they like them or not? Additionally, can they be used as a piece of carry-on luggage?

2. Sorry, I dont have have a Sirius bag, but I can give you MHO. I looked at them both in the catalog and I have to say that I like the Keepall 60 the best.
  3. i had the same dilemma once too, but the shoulder strap makes the Keepall the better option imo :yes:
  4. I like how the keepall has a shoulder strap.
  5. I had the exact same problem when I was going to get my keepall! When I went to the butique, the only thing that I knew I wanted was a piece of luggage that I could have as carry-on, so I didn't have my mind set on something, although I knew that I kinda liked the keepall. When I got there, my SA showed me the different types of luggage and in the end it was between the sirius and keepall for me. In the end I decided to go with the keepall with shoulder strap as it seemed to me that that would be easier to carry around in the airport than a sirius. He did say that it was possible to use the smallest sirus as a carry-on as well.
    I like the sirius though, so I will probably get one in the very distant future when I've got loads of cash.
    Oh, and while speaking from personal experience, if you don't need the space of a keepall 55 and you're going to use it as a carry on, get a 50 or 45. I have a 55, and it always end up looking either sloppy (which I don't think is nice) because it's half-full or being really heavy and huge (slamming into everything) when it's full.
    Good luck on making your choice :smile:
  6. I think the Keepall is more versatile.
  7. Anything mono has been faked...including the sirius...I personally like the keepall better than the sirius...coz I find it more ergonomic...
  8. ^^true, I have seen things faked that LV doesnt even make!

Anyways, does the carryall not appeal to you?
  9. SO damier sirius............:drool:
  10. Off the subject....Your signature is from absolutely my favorite Designing Women episode.

A: Excuse me. Aren’t you Marjorie Lea Winnick, the current Ms. Georgia World?

B: Why Yes I am.

A: I’m Julia Sugarbaker, Suzanne Sugerbaker’s sister. I couldn’t help overhearing part of your conversation.

B: Well I’m sorry I didn’t know anyone was here…

A: Yes and I gather from your comments there are a couple of other things you don’t know, Marjorie. You probably didn’t know that Suzanne was the only contestant in Georgia Pageant History to sweep every category except congeniality. And that is not something the women in my family aspire to anyway. OR that when she walked down the runway in her swimsuit five contestants quit on the spot. OR that when she emerged from the isolation booth to answer the question, “What would you do to prevent war?” she spoke so eloquently of patriotism, battlefields and diamond tiaras, grown men wept! And you probably didn’t know, Marjorie, that Suzanne wasn’t just ANY Ms. Georgia, she was THE Ms. Georgia! She didn’t twirl JUST a baton! That baton was on FIRE! And when she THREW that baton into the air, it flew HIGHER, FURTHER, FASTER THAN ANY BATON HAS EVER FLOWN BEFORE, HITTING A TRANSFORMER AND SHOWERING THE DARKENED ARENA WITH SPARKS!!! AND WHEN IT FINALLY DID COME DOWN, MARJORIE, MY SISTER CAUGHT THAT BATON! AND TWELVE THOUSAND PEOPLE JUMPED TO THEIR FEET FOR SIXTEEN AND ONE HALF MINUTES OF UNINTERRUPTED THUNDEROUS OVATION AS FLAMES ILLUMINATED HER TEAR STAINED FACE!!! And THAT, Marjorie, just so you will know and your children will someday know is the night the lights went out in GEOR-GIA!

B: I’m sorry, I didn’t know.

A: Well…now you do.

11. Yes-- you are so right.....I actually recited that piece during a college debate regarding the disolution of family bonds on television. But honestly, they don't make telelvision like that anymore. God bless the Golden Girls and Designing Women -- and yes I watch Lifetime Television -- television for women AND gay men :p

12. Nothing wrong with that!!! :yes: Don't forget, The Nanny and Steel Magnolias! My good friend Curtis and I used to sit down with a quart each of Ben and Jerry's and watch The Nanny. He and I were like Val and Fran. :roflmfao:

Gawd, I miss those days somtimes!
  13. lifetime only shows the nanny at 7am now :cursing:
    i'm thinking about starting a petition to get them to start playing it more often. other shows get played 3-4x a day!! the nanny used to, until they put "still sanding" :sick: :sick: :sick: in its 4pm timeslot......who the hell watches (or wants to watch) that?!!?

ps--clake, get the sirius.