Sir Alistair Rai

I called them again yesterday and guess what..the date is now pushed back AGAIN to march 25!!! I have been hounding them almost every week and they keep delaying the date! :cursing:

I'm getting to the point where I want to cancel. I wouldn't be so bothered if they hadn't taken the money straightaway.....

I do know that the delays aren't down to them but due to the fact that the designer simply can't manufacture quickly enough but they shouldn't have taken so many pre-orders if it was going to be this bad

I'm getting to the point where I want to cancel. I wouldn't be so bothered if they hadn't taken the money straightaway.....

I do know that the delays aren't down to them but due to the fact that the designer simply can't manufacture quickly enough but they shouldn't have taken so many pre-orders if it was going to be this bad

I agree. I ordered the white Karma scarf at blueheavenboutique.com when they already were on preorder for mid-March, but now they are already delayed to mid-April. Also I am sure they also charge the cc with the incoming order! Taking the money like nearly two month in advance is really *#?P#!

But still I can't wait to get the scarf! (Actually also ordered one from brokedown)...

But another thing to the people who already own that beautiful scarf: did you ever have problems with the coloring? I read that the scarf are handpainted (I guess by underpaid Indians) and that especially the white one maybe pink due to the red painting which means, that the scarf will bleed out color... Does it really do that? And is it possible to wash the scarf with your normal washing maschine, or will that cause everything to be red within the washing load...?

As I understand it they are indeed hand made but not sure they are hand painted, probably done using silkscreens. I saw a girl in Henri Bendel's in NY last week wearing one and it didn't look too fragile

But another thing to the people who already own that beautiful scarf: did you ever have problems with the coloring? I read that the scarf are handpainted (I guess by underpaid Indians) and that especially the white one maybe pink due to the red painting which means, that the scarf will bleed out color... Does it really do that? And is it possible to wash the scarf with your normal washing maschine, or will that cause everything to be red within the washing load...?

I have the red on cream version. There is a bit of a misconception about the colours I think... they sold it as red and white, but it was actually more beige-y pink, which I like better - i wear makeup, so if a little powder gets on it, it doesn't make a stain!

Anyways, I have washed mine once, and a lot of red colour comes off in the water (I hand-washed it cold). Definitely don't throw it in the machine with your whites, lol! It didn't however turn the rest of the scarf dark red/ pink, nor did it make the red pattern appear faded, which is great.

The scarf arrived smelling pretty terrible, and washing it didn't help. Hopefully the next wash I will let it soak longer to really get the smell out.

eliza -- I noticed the same thing about the smell.

the boutiques that sell the scarves aren't at fault because I have 3 Sir Alistair Rai scarves and they all smell the same (they wer eall purchased from different stores.)

I believe the smell comes from the maker... it smells of spices?? Curry was the first thing that came to my mind when I tried to figure out what it smelled like. I hope this isn't offensive to anyone because I am just trying to describe the smell! I got used to the smell though. ALL my SAR scarves are the same though.

As long as it doesn't smell of feet or something worse I don't mind too much. I believe it's something they probably wash the fabric in. Maharishi clothing which is also made in India has a very definite smell and that is to do with herbs they use to wash all the fabrics in

^^^
fettfleck -- I wouldn't recommend washing it a lot since it is hand painted. However for me, the smell isn't strong at all.. very faint. With a few times of use the smell has gone away for me especially because I wear perfume every time I go out.

^^^
fettfleck -- I wouldn't recommend washing it a lot since it is hand painted. However for me, the smell isn't strong at all.. very faint. With a few times of use the smell has gone away for me especially because I wear perfume every time I go out.

Sounds ok, did you try to wash it? Eliza reported it not changing color after washing, but bleeding out a lot...

Uh, I still am looking forward to the scarf (still waiting for it to arrive...). :Push:

Unluckily not. Just read on the blueheavenboutique webpage that the white scarfes will ship april. But actually the store just charged my credit card after ordering, but never send me some kind of confirmation of info about when ths stuff will arrive!