similar to Gucci Soho Disco bag?

arntk519

Jan 6, 2008
I've been looking around online trying to find a bag that closely resembles the Gucci Soho Disco bag, since I don't have the budget for that particular one. Apparently there were Fossil and Kate Spade crossbodies with a similar style but neither were in stock at any of the department stores sites I checked.

any recommendations of a bag within the $100 range or less?

wow. that's a beautiful bag. Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the price and I'd prefer to find something less pricy. I'm looking for something to use as more of a fun, trendy bag to carry for awhile and then go back to my contemporary designer bags.

Last edited:
the Coach one is pretty. I'm really looking for a bag that's more of a tan/brown color. I feel like I've been on every website today: Nordstrom, The Loft, Saks, Dillards, Macys, Forever 21, Kohls, Belk, HSN, QVC, TJ Maxx, Stage.

maybe the right bag will show up when I least expect it.

I've already bought three contemporary designer bags this year so I'm trying to hold off on buying another designer bag til Christmas.

You can check on QVC for the Oryany Aideen bag.....it's quite pretty but not sure of the color selection. You may also check on ebay etc. for one. I think it's prettier than the Gucci personally!

wow!!! the Oryany bag is very pretty, just as you said.

I just went poking around on DSW shoes website, of all places. I ended up really liking the Kelly & Katie Quilted Camera Crossbody Bag, so I purchased that in the blush color. If I like the way it works, I may consider another camera style bag in the future.

Here are some options if anyone else is interested:
Tory Burch Thea Shoulder Bag $450 USD
Kate Spade Orchard Street Arla $258 USD
Fossil Sydney Crossbody $128 USA (but note that the bag has two zippered compartments)

Of these three, Tory Burch has the better lining in my opinion. However, like the Gucci bag, it has an obnoxious logo, although not nearly as large and in charge as Gucci's. The lining in the Gucci is also not that luxurious for the price point.

Luckily this rectangular style has been around for a minute and you could probably find pleather options, if you don't desire real leather, for $30-100 at discount retailers like Target, Nordstrom Rack or DSW.

Reactions: aarynmcf