SILVERADO Authentication Tips ~ NO CHATTER

1. Hey Gals, so there has been a lot of chatting recently on Authenticating Silverados.

So I took some pics of my 04 Python Silverado for your enjoyment and reference :heart::heart::heart:

The color appears to be a cognac, but here Chocolat is how the tag reads:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the s/n tab is 03-04-53:

[​IMG]

2. Both the outter and inside zipper have Chloe stamped on one side:

[​IMG]

3. All of the snaps have a cool pattern on the backside:

[​IMG]

4. on the side pockets, the deocrative tassles on the bottom are looped into a piece of leather:

[​IMG]

5. On the python, the side pockets inside show the snakeskin:

[​IMG]

6. and the whole bag glows with a glossy sheen:

[​IMG]

7. the inside heat stamp is faint wihtout "made in Italy" under it, while the one on the inner pocket is well defined:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 04 python did not have a Chloe mark on the tab:

[​IMG]

8. Oooo yeah baby! Beautiful! I was just looking at ones on eBay and comparing them with mine from AR and you know what? There was this one listed at $2500 that I was suspicious of! I was counting the laces and it just didn't match up. Hard to imagine anyone would be brazen enough to hawk a fake at that price but ya never know.

9. I had to run and check mine, I had no idea there was python lining in the side pockets--cool! My bag isn't as highly glazed, but look at that leather threading on the side bags. I really love the shadings of the bag, its a real head turner. Just hope all those little scales stay in place and they don't come off. I loved the idea about keeping a rolled up plastic bag inside of it in case of rain!

chloesilverado.jpg
  10. Lovely detail with the pockets, huh!?!?

Plus, I'll bet no faker ever bothers!!

PS: DH noticed that, not me!!

11. i just got my new muscade silverado from diabro today, and i was looking at all the marks and things just to make sure it's authentic, and just for the hell of it when i saw this post, and there are some differences. Can anyone confirm authentic markings on a NON-python silverado? are there differences? i'm a little freaked out right now... diabro doesn't do returns! please help! :s

12. Here are some photos of a non-python Silverado. It's the medium sized Buffalo Hide version. I would take more detailed photos but unfort. I recently sold it. I hope these photos help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. [​IMG]

15. thank you lordguinny, that definitely does help. mine looks like that, just bigger - i was actually surprised how big the bag was! but the serial tag and everything looks the same. thanks for the help!:heart: puts my mind at rest... P.S. why did you sell that silverado? it's gorgeous! :p