Silver handbags..Yay or Nay??

1. I have recently become obsessed with a silver handbag and I am considering buying it. Do you think silver is a very practical color (it's kind of a darker silver)? Will it look too dressy to use for everyday?

2. I have a silver Guess? handbag that I bought about 2 years ago. I really like it, but it does seem like this time of year (winter) is when I seem to pull it out. I do use it on an everyday basis when I use it.

3. nay

4. For me it depends on the color...since you say a "darker silver" it makes me think of a pewter or gunmetal, which I own and find to be a great neutral (not too flashy). If you are talking shiny light silver, then I'm not into that as an every day bag...do you have pics? :smile:

5. Aww! I was hoping for some "yay"s! I missed the metallic bag trend because I was waiting for a cute one.

6. I think they tend to be more dressy and an "occasion" bag.

7. I think an understated pewter is very chic and elegant. Nothing too tin foil or blingy.

8. I think a small silver classic Chanel flap would be super cute

9. I totally agree! :yes:

10. I have a Cole Haan in gunmetal and the color is surprisingly versatile. Nothing too shiny or mirror like for me.

11. I love bronze or pewter bags, not a fan of bright silver or gold...so I say yay!

12. It's a yay from me! I'm going to change to my silver bag for a few weeks tonight :tup:

13. I like silver if it's somewhat understated...like an undertone. This Burberry is a good example of what I mean. It's metallic without looking like a car windsheidl sunshade.

NMV015U_ brook metallic hobo.jpg
  14. Definitely yay! I don’t think you should rule out silver as it can be such a nice compliment to reds and blues. A silver purse can hold it’s own regardless of brightness of the silver, try not to over accessorize and just throw it into your outfit. Think dark denim jeans, red sweater, black scarf, black heels and silver purse...lovely!

15. Definitely yay! I don’t think you should rule out silver as it can be such a nice compliment to reds and blues. A silver purse can hold it’s own regardless of brightness of the silver, try not to over accessorize and just throw it into your outfit. Think dark denim jeans, red sweater, black scarf, black heels and silver purse...lovely!