Silver Downtown Leather delicate?

girlygirl3

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
For those of you with the silver downtown, did this happen to you? I'm finding that the metallic leather at back of the bag that rubs against me has rubbed off. See my pic. I haven't used it that often yet - at most 10 times. I suppose this is not unusual of metallic leather bags? Anything that can be done?

Attachments

• IMG_7294.JPG
    IMG_7294.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 88
I don't know that anything can really be done, but I do know that pretty much all metallics wear like that, from any designer, especially if they make a lot of contact with your body when you're wearing them. Not using the bag often and carrying it in your hand so that it doesn't rub against your body would be the only ways I know of to minimize wear, but then you might not be carrying the bag as much as you'd like or in a way you'd like.

"Here's a photo of my medium one. I'm not sure where to find any at this point. I treated mine by spraying it with Apple Garde Rain & Stain Repellant coat--just lightly and just one coat. I did that because the metallics can scratch more easily than the regular buffalo Muses. It sems to have been the right thing for me to do because my Muse continues to have a nice finish."

^^Here's something I found in another thread about a Pewter/Anthracite Muse by susan-eric (hope you don't mind). Maybe it would help if you spray it?

girlygirl3, I find metallics to wear somewhat like suede. Some people may be able to keep theirs pristine, but with any regular use, mine all show wear along edges, on the bottom if it's a satchel or down the back if it's something I wear on my shoulder. They're just higher maintenance bags in general. You can try alisonanna's suggestion, though, to see if that helps.