*sigh* my first LV experience ruined...Has anyone walked away from a purchase...

oh btw damierlover, that bag was to be my birthday gift too. Tomorrow I'm turning 27. So I don't think I was that young-looking..for such snotty service. Still, regardless of age all clients should be treated with respect.

I am so glad you walked away to show that rude twat that you are not going to be walked on and it does NOT matter how much a person spends, everyone deserves great customer service.

aww... i'm sorry your experience was unpleasant. perhaps try going in another day and find a different SA to help you?

if that happened to me, i would've walked away also. it takes the fun out of purchasing LV when an SA isn't doing their job to assist you.

Good on you for walking away, why should you hand over your money to someone that treats you like that.
I hope you have a happy birthday anyway and that you will get an LV from another store.:P

I am glad you walked away! I am sorry to hear what had happened to you. :crybaby: I am not happy with LV's customer service. I live in Edmonton by the way. The SA here are soooooo snotty & just rude when I return things. One of them give me a lecture for changing my mind more than once. This is done in front of other ppl too. Of course, the things that I return are brand new & never use. I don't know why they are so fussy about it. The next time I came into Holt; they just completely ignore me & are reluctant to help me out when I ask to see a bag. (There are a few SA there & each one of them take a look @ me & then, just ignore me until I go & approach them & ask for help) They probably think that if I am to make a purchase, I will return it soon anyways. :cursing: I get really mad whenever I think about this. I wish eluxury can ship to Canada so I can avoid all the problems.

I get way better service @ the Banff LV boutique though. Maybe u can called them & order the bags from Banff & have them ship to the Holt in Calgary.

Sorry,I also had horrible service in Maui in October. Your not the only one treated like crap. Wanted a Myrtille Speedy in the worst way, but the SA was downright rude and ignorant to me...my husband walked out in disgust. I followed him a few minutes later...it was to have been my birthday present...didn't want to be reminded of being treated poorly every time I looked at the bag! Very disgusted with some service lately.

Wow - had that same experience in Maui in October as well - at the Ka'anapali LV - SA was so rude I walked right out and didn't purchase a thing, and I had really wanted a LV as my souvenir...

Oh No, that was rotten. I'm in T.O. and has had bad treatment as well (he was the opposite and didn't speak to me at all, gave me the item and walked away, than came back, in stone cold silence). I than walked over to another SA with the item in hand and asked for her to serve me, period. She obliged, he got pissed off and walked away again. But I got my bag and my service.

You are the customer, the min you step through that door, you deserve politeness, and should demand as such and settle for nothing less. LV is a great product, and don't let a rude SA deprive you of it.

Sorry about your experience! The SAs aren't always nice... and so far, maybe one of ten experiences I've had are pleasant!

You were cool to walk away... If I were you I'd have shown him attitude threefold because of his comments... Sigh...

I cannot agree more with the people who have spoken up for better service. I came here to buy a bag not an attitude.

Good luck on your next SA expierence! There's some very nice ones out there who are more than willing to help you, so I know you'll find a better one!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience! I would definitely have walked away, there is no need to spend your hard earned money where someone is being rude to you. Plus, there are plenty of places to buy LV's (866-VUITTON, Eluxury, etc) to not have to put up with this type of attitude.

I hope when you do finally get your first LV that it's an enjoyable experience like it should be! :yes: