sigh.....another miscarriage.....

1. I just had another miscarriage. This will be number 5. That's right.....5!!! I don't even know what to think at this point. I have no problem getting pregnant. I actually can get pregnant on the very first try. The problem is that I can't hold on to the baby. I've been to a reproductive endocrinologist and he did every possible test on me and everything came back normal. DH was also tested for every test and he came back normal too. He catagorizes me under "unexplained" miscarriages. I have one healthy daughter who will turn 4 soon. I totally had a normal pregnancy with her. I had her when I was 34 and started trying for a 2nd child when I was 36. That's when I started having my first miscarriage at 8 weeks, then 5 weeks, then 2 weeks, 1 week and now 5 days. The doctor says that when everything in your body's environment looks normal then they have to reduced to thinking that my eggs are "old". They suggested doing IVF for egg selection but at this point, I am just not ready to accept this fact. I don't know why. But at the same time, how many more miscarriages am I willing to go through? It doesn't get only gets harder. To add to this mess, my DH's employer switched insurance on them in December and we basically went from one of the best insurance (Aetna) to the bottom of the barrel insurance (local insurance). Now, all of my doctors (RE, OB, GYN) are not under my new insurance so I have to switch to a new RE and OB/GYN who wants to start all over with me. It's soooo frustrating because I am feeling like I am moving backwards and not forward.

Thanks for letting me's been a hard day. Especially since I am depriving myself of caffeine due to the new report that came out (caffeine may lead to miscarriages). I'm depressed and sluggish at the same time. :crybaby:
  2. I am sorry to hear this. My daughter also is trying for her second (the first was a hard time as well) and had a miscarriage recently. She was so sad. And I know what you mean about doing everything (vitamins, no caffeine) all the time Just in case you are pregnant. She is getting very discouraged.

I wish you well.
  3. Wow, I cannot even imagine how you are feeling.
    Hang in there, the members at tpf are pulling for you and praying for you.
    How long do you wait in between miscarriages before becoming pregnant again?
    Maybe your body needs a short rest period to boost your immunity and rebuild. Easier said than done I know.
    Hold your daughter, thank God and have faith. Your second child will come to you exactly when he/she was meant to.
    I send you nothing but positive energy on such a hard time.
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses! I don't know what you are going though as far as feelings, but I can imagine you're frustrated! I hope everything works well for you, and you carry your next baby to term!
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this. I know what you are going through, believe me. Only you will know how many is enough. I wish you the best.
  6. Oh Hon . . . {{{big hugs}}} to you.
    It shouldn't be so hard. . . it just shouldn't.
  7. I am so sorry. Please vent all you want and know that you have lots of sympathetic ears here.

My best friend (who is currently pregnant along with me) had multiple miscarriages before this pregnancy, but they were able to figure it out for her (low progesterone). I can't imagine how frustrating it must be not knowing why it's happening.

And then the insurance switch on top of it all! Hopefully you can find good new doctors and maybe one of them will spot something that hadn't been noticed yet. I will be crossing my fingers for you and sending you good wishes, as I'm sure everyone else will as well.
  8. I'm so sorry, one of my closest friends just had her fourth miscarriage and she's so frustrated too. Hang in there, go treat yourself to a Coca-Cola!
  9. I am so sorry to hear this. It must be so difficult and frustrating. Vent to us anytime.

Thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts and lots of support.
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss.
  11. oh my thats got to be rouggh, i can just imagine how frusterated! give the IVF my aunt had that done and she had twins!...she was 36 or 38
  12. I am so sorry to hear this. I have a friend who has had 4 and is pregnant again and at 15 weeks, but she has to have shots everyday in her stomach of a blood thinner and has to "insert" progesterone until the end of the pregnancy. But she is only 25 so I am not sure if her experience is even related to yours but I thought I would share. I know it can be tough and very frustrating. My heart goes out to you.
  13. Thank you everyone for letting me vent, for all your kind words and sympathetic ears. It means a lot to me to have my purse buddies here with me.

To answer some of your questions, I was put immediately on progesterone gel as soon as I ovulated. They only did this as a precaution. When I went through all the testings. They thought it may be my progesterone but it came back normal too. The only time progesterone was low was when I was miscarrying. But progesterone is tricky because it's like the chicken and the egg...which came first? Did I miscarry because progesterone was low...or was progesterone low because I started to miscarry. So the Dr. did put me on progesterone just in case. But apparently, it didn't help so that's not the case.

However, Jenniletv did mention that her friend was on progesterone AND blood thinners too. My good friend in NY is on the same regimen and after 3 miscarriages, she is finally about to deliver a full term healthy baby. So I wonder if my I am in need of blood thinner too? I just hate the fact that I am second guessing the doctors and wondering if they are doing all that they can. Why should I be diagnosing myself when they are the experts at this?

I know my case is pretty strange since most people are trying to concieve and can't even get pass that stage but here I am fertile myrtle and I just can't hold on to it. So you can understand how I feel whenever I find out that I am pregnant. It's not too joyous for us since we are constantly worried that it may not last. :sad:
  14. {handbag-ho} I'm sorry you are going such a difficult time.:crybaby:

Nothing wrong in searching for answers and demanding the best care and all available options. It is worth talking to your dr. about blood thinners. What ever it takes :tup:
  15. I'm so sorry. I know it's incredibly difficult, I've been there myself many times :sad: Have you considered seeing a different reproductive endocrinologist? What are your FSH levels like? Also, have you had a hysterosalpingogram, or any sort of magnetic imaging done to rule out a structural problem? I ask because I also am a "fertile Myrtle" who can't seem to hold onto a pregnancy. After 7 miscarriages including one late-term fetal demise, we finally found out that the problem was structural for me. I actually have two uteruses and neither is big enough to sustain a pregnancy long term! Less severe conditions might include fibroids, or a bicornuate uterus.

You and I are about the same age--I'm 37--and there's a good deal of evidence to support the idea that during the time we were born there were many instances of "Mullerian duct anomalies". In other words, a lot of women 36, 37, and 38 now are dealing with structural problems affecting their uterus and/or ovaries; these problems occurred in utero when our own Moms were pregnant with us. The good news is that there IS obviously a chance that even with a structural issue you can carry a full term, healthy pregnancy--as is evidenced by your having done so already.

My advice to you would be to go back to your RE and ask to rule out structural problems. If that doesn't pan out, then IVF is certainly still an option of course. I'm living proof that IVF works!! See my signature (though I am not carrrying our babies, we are utilizing a surrogate).

Good luck, and if you have any questions or would just like some support from someone who's also been there with multiple miscarriages, feel free to PM me.