Side Order of Life

1. I don't know if anyone watches the Lifetime channel original show "Side Order of Life", but they brought up a thought that women buy expensive handbags like men buy sportscars...to make up for something that they lack. Are high end handbags like "tiny penis cars"? :confused1:

2. I have heard that comparison in a newspaper article on expensive bags. Although I never would have thought to call my handbag a "tiny penis car"!:roflmfao:

3. There's a Sex and the City episode equating a Fendi to a Ferrari. Basically, it mentioned that single women are the new bachelors... but they've replaced the Ferrari with a Fendi. :smile: I don't remember the name of the episode, though.

4. Eh. Nonsense. If I wanted the car, I'd buy the car, throw my high-end designer handbag in the passenger seat, plop my expensive ass down in the driver's seat, and take off. Who comes up with this stuff, anyway?

When I'm lacking something, I eat ice cream.

5. :roflmfao:

6. I just saw that episode from my DVR. Her friend was giving her a hard time about buying an $1800 bag and I thought - OMG that's me! Well not yet but soon to be if I ever get my Jimmy Choo!

7. How very interesting. I just know a bag is instant gratification.....no waiting for a quick fix if you go to a brick and mortar store....and it makes you feel good!

8. I do NOT believe that. There are tons of ugly older men with great cars and tons of good looking young women with nice bags. It doesn't translate.

9. ITA - I work hard for my bags like most guys do for their cars. I celebrate moments in my life with a Chanel bag or a new LV. I feel a sense of entitlement when I know I've purchased the bag on my own....I don't do it to make up for something that is lacking in my life.