sick? whine here!

1. alright. this is a pretty self serving thread. but i'm such a baby when i'm sick and my poor husband has put up with me since sunday so i figured i'd give him a break. i also figured i'm not the only one.

i've been dealing with a headcold since sunday night....crappy but tolorable. just the sore throat stuffy nose thing. but this morning my body has decided to start throwing up as well! yay! <-- sarcasm. i can't stand throwing up. it's so draining. two hours later it's finally stopped for now. thank God. at lease maybe i'll lose some weight.

i'm going back to bed. no work for me today. and i've been such a trooper too. bah.

i know i'm not the only sick one. tea and honey for all! comiserate with me. :flowers:
  2. I have the flu.

My oh-so-wonderful boss kindly infected our entire office. He came in on Monday and was fine (though his little boy was sick with it). On Tuesday, he called in sick. On Wednesday, he came in the morning even though he was still very sick with a fever, made me sit within behind closed doors on a teleconference, and then at 10 am he said, "Well, I am going home so I do not get everyone sick." The next day...FIVE of us in the office were sick. I went into work yesterday morning for 30 minutes, felt terrible and started burning up and was told to go home and rest. This morning, I had every intention of going in and even got dressed for work. Once in the car, I decided that I should not infect everyone else who has yet to be sick and called my assistant. She was quite happy that I decided to stay home.

I am going to take a nap too. Hope you feel better soon, ilzabet!
  3. kids were sick, so i got it too. no sympathy for mom..i still have to take care of everyone.

all i want to do is crawl in bed and sleep for days.
  4. ugh. i hate it that people are expected to go into work when they're sick....even if it's just a cold nobody else wants it! we should all just get to stay home till we feel better. too bad that tends to be frowned upon

that's how my cold started too girl worked sick and a week later about half the waitstaff got it, plus all of the hostesses and some of the cooks. what's worse is we're sick and serving people food but expected not to call in because there's no one to cover. we all wash our hands constantly but it's still disgusting. and i really feel for guccimama because there really IS no one to cover for her. **big hugs**

stopped throwing up and i'm feeling much better aside from the existing head cold (and yes i'm a big baby but it is a nasty one). oh, and now i have no voice (which DH is enjoying). at least i'm getting a lot of knitting done and catching up on my tv shows. yay for silver linings.
  5. i had wisdom teeth removed yesterday. one was even impacted!!!! now i look like a bloody chipmunk

hope everyone else feels better though :flowers:
  6. I hope you guys feel better!

I think I came down with the flu... prbably caught it from my bfs brother in law... continuous headaches, fever, vomiting, chills, body aching. I have so much work to do as well and classes all day tomorrow 12-9pm! Such bad timing.. :sad:
  7. I need to whine too! I caught some kind of virus last week, seemed very mild, just scratchy throat/stuffy nose/tired/stomach feels funny. Rested up and started to feel much better. But today I feel worse- nauseous, tired, weak and I just want to go home and back to bed! I got my flu shot, so I don't think it's the flu? bad cold maybe? I don't know what it is, except that I feel yucky. :yucky:Hugs to all us sickies.

8. The last time (about six years ago) I got a flu shot, I got the flu right after. I believe it's made with a flu virus, like the vaccine for smallpox is made from the cowpox virus, only it's a weaker form, easier to get over.

I came in here to whine as well, although I'm not "sick" perce, but this weather has got me so dang achy, I just want to lay here and whine for awhile! Hehehe!!
  9. Im home sick...I feel like I got hit by a semi.....UGH.
    Yesterday it was a chest head may fall off and Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO feeling queesy...WAHHHHHH!
  10. A few of my coworkers are super sick with colds and spreading their germs around the office. Today I woke up with a sore throat and am stuffy. You know what that means? I am probably getting sick too! BOO!!! :sad:

I hope all you sickies feel better soon. Get some rest and drink lots of fluids!
  11. Yikes! No fun at all! I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed last year. 2 were impacted. My husband proposed to me that weekend when I had massive chipmunk cheeks! LOL
  12. the only years i ever got the flu were when i decided to get a flu shot. within a week i was the sickest i've been ever. the first time i thought it was a fluke, but the second.... :shrugs: and i'm not the only person that's happened to. i think it's a scam personally.

i hope everyone starts feeling better soon. i'm FINALLY on the tail end of mine. just some snuffles in the morning. yay!
  13. I got my flu shot back in early December, so I don't think it's a reaction to the shot, although I have heard from various people that they had reactions to it. I've been getting my yearly shot for 8 years and never had a problem. Jill I think I have what you have- the queasy thing. :wacko: It really stinks! I'm home resting today.
  14. I'm too scared to get a flu shot after what I've heard!
    I was sick for two weeks and I finally got better, then 3 days later [yesterday] I woke up sick again! Something must be wrong with me, I think it's mainly cause I haven't been letting myself get enough sleep.. The first time around I was really tired and had a runny nose but this time I've just been coughing like crazy.. Does anyone have any suggestions for medicine? haha
  15. Oh my...I'm sick again too. This time with a fever 100-101 and headache and aches. I don't know if this is the flu. I've been sick on and off since November...usually I get a few months of being well...what's up?