Sick Of Dealing With Crazy People On Ebay.

1. I AM THINKING OF GETTING OUT SELLING ON eBay. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I SO SICK OF DEALING WITH NON PAYING BIDDERS AND THE HIGH FEES AND SO MANY CRAZYS. I HAVE A GOOD ESTABLISHED SITE FINALLY WHICH IS THE IRONGIC THING. I AM SO CONFUSED.:shame:

2. I hate the high fees too which is why I don't sell on there often.

What have people done that your calling them crazy?

3. Oh I've gotten a few NPBs in the past, but eBay normally credits the fees.

4. yeah they do credit the fees but people useing buy it now and then taking forever to pay. i don't know just alot.

5. I see your issue but as it sounds you are doing this sort of as a business?

from my experience this is the cost of doing business - if you had a shop or something you might have problems of a similar nature - maybe not with your buyers but with sellers etc - and you might costs like rent/personnel/credit card fees etc....

all I am saying is: I understand that this annoys you but weigh the good against the bad, and then decide if you want to stop selling on eBay!

6. If you put BIn on your auctions, you can require immediate payment before the auction ends.

7. Maybe take a break? I lost my nerve towards the end of last year when I found the whole Ebay experience too stressful following a couple of aggressive sellers and an attempted scam. At the time I vowed I never wanted anything to do with the place again, but after a few months I wanted to get rid of some theatre tickets I couldn't use and tentatively went back to Ebay. I was cautious and built up my experience more gently than before and although I have had one unpleasant encounter, I don't feel so overwhelmed, mostly because I am being much less intense about it I think. Worth trying an Ebay holiday?

It reminds me of that Ross and Rachel line from Friends 'but we were on a break' . . . !

8. i know its rough, but take a deep breath and decided if its worth it.
    a break is always a good idea.
    good luck!

(and, i feel your frustrations!)

9. Yes totally agree with time out. I think ebay is just getting horrid at the moment. I always seem to just get on there and get things done and dusted as quickly as possible whereas before it was always quite a nice experience.

Don't let that bad ones ruin it for the good ones and dont let it get you down

Good luck

10. I wish I could do html... But then again, Coach would probably shut someone down if using their own webpage to seel Coach. I sell alot of older bags & briefcases too.

Ebay fees are a killer.

11. Ebay sellers are going through a real sticky patch at the minute, what with NPBidders, hijacked accounts, fraudulent bidding, scams, fakes & ebays own silliness not to mention increasing fees but I hope it will even out & that all honest sellers will not leave & leave it to the fraudsters. I agree that ebay used to be a very pleasant experience now it is a real chore.

12. thanks everybodt for your help.

13. I agree. I tried to list two of my LV's in December and they wouldn't let me. I appealed to them and they then let me list two at once. (I don't like to list more than that, it's too much work for me and it isn't a business for me. Just a way to get rid of those handbags that I don't use or did not like.)

As for buying, I just hate all the dishonesty. See my long post on another thread about my PayPal claims. I am fighting with a seller in the UK and this guy is rude, mean, and unreasonable. I am not reading anymore of his emails because they just upset me. he is trying to blame me for his selling me a fake? Huh??:confused1:
    I think I need a break from ebay and just sell off a few of my unwanted stuff and not buy for awhile. The bag guys seem to outnumber the good sellers now. When you think you have an honest person and they turn out to be a ripoff guy, it is so disheartening.:shrugs:
    Dara

14. I agree dara it is so disheartening for buyers at the minute.
    Ebays claims to be cleaning up the site are farcical. I just got one of those ridiculous spam emails offering me fake bags to sell. The ebay member that sent it had 76 positive feedback so ebay are allowing him/her to remain on there to sell fakes. I just wrote them a stinker of an email about it.

15. I had 2 good eBay experiences this week so I am okay with eBay for the moment. I can see how it could become too much trouble. There are a lot of mean, nasty and shady people on eBay.