Show Me Your Patina

1. Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and just visited a LV boutique for the first time yesterday. I'm shopping for my first LV and the SA that helped me was great and showed me a number of different bags that I'm interested in. So far I think I like Alma in monogram the best, but am concerned about how the vachetta will patina. I'm wondering if it will get super dark over the years. I love the monogram pattern, but this is a big purchase for me so I am not 100% sure yet as I don't know how dark the vachetta will get. I do like the honey color that I've seen in a lot of the postings on this site.

So I need your help! If you could post a photos of your monogram bags with vachetta trims and indicate how old your bag is I would really appreaciate it.

2. I would be VERY careful with the Alma. It has the Vachetta bottom and can get water and dirt stained VERY easy. I have seen a lot of people complain that the Mono Alma is to high maintenance. How about a Mono Speedy. Must less Vachetta to have to worry about. Or if you still love the Alma I would suggest Damier or Epi.
  3. If you are set on the mono Alma, make sure to apply lots of leather protector before use. It won't get that dark too quickly, about 5 years or so.
  4. check the clubhouse thread, there is a thread there with patina'd bags .. Enjoy!

5. Show you my patina??? That's a bit personal, isn't it? ;)

6. lmao HOW RUDE! Thanks for th e link BagFetish I was wondering if there was a club on that myself.
  7. if you do a search there are lots of threads about patina....a club too under the reference thread!