Show me your Dior wallet !

That's gorgeous!! Congrats on your new love :biggrin:
Not too sure if all slgs come in a box but my medium voyageur wallet came in a box though :smile:

Thanks!! Is it a in smaller size? On the tag of mine it doesnt say medium or large. How do you find the voyageur wallet holding up against wear and tear? Does it get dull or tired? Its my first Dior leather good ever and im already saving for a lady dior bag for xmas! But id love to hear more about how Dior's patent leather wears.

Yes mine is in smaller size (which it's stated medium on the website last time).
I've been using it daily for almost 9 months and it's still looking good. But mine is in lambskin though and surprisingly it retains its condition very well!

Reactions: iykyk
Hello,
I have the wallet you can see on the first page of this thread, I have been using it every day for more than 4 years and the patent leather is just still perfect !
Only the inside purple corners are slightly damaged.

I received mine in a box.

Yes mine is in smaller size (which it's stated medium on the website last time).
I've been using it daily for almost 9 months and it's still looking good. But mine is in lambskin though and surprisingly it retains its condition very well!

Thats great to hear. Im saving towards getting a lambskin lady Dior medium at Christmas. Super excited about it! Ive started using my wallet today and intend for it to be my permanent full sized wallet for the next little while :smile:

Hello,
I have the wallet you can see on the first page of this thread, I have been using it every day for more than 4 years and the patent leather is just still perfect !
Only the inside purple corners are slightly damaged.

I received mine in a box.

Thanks for sharing! Is the damage the scuffing from wear and tear? Do you find the patent losing its lustre/shine?
The reason why i was a bit concerned was bcos i purchased mine through an outlet store. It seems brand new though, and the guarantee card, tag, protective charm pouch and dust bag came with it, just not in a Dior box..

Thanks for sharing! Is the damage the scuffing from wear and tear? Do you find the patent losing its lustre/shine?
The reason why i was a bit concerned was bcos i purchased mine through an outlet store. It seems brand new though, and the guarantee card, tag, protective charm pouch and dust bag came with it, just not in a Dior box..

Yes, the damage is from wear and tear. The zipper must touch a little the inside corners so that the leather change color.
But the patent is absolutely wonderful, almost the same as the day I received it.
Maybe the seller wanted to keep the box to store other things…

Yes, the damage is from wear and tear. The zipper must touch a little the inside corners so that the leather change color.
But the patent is absolutely wonderful, almost the same as the day I received it.
Maybe the seller wanted to keep the box to store other things…

Glad to hear :smile: yea the cannage pattern and how puffy it is..i just cant stop touching and looking at it. Well here starts my relationship with Dior leather goods!

Sharing my current wallet! I bought this almost a year ago, it's a little dirty now...but I am still loving it!
The leather is very soft yet it never fails to amaze me how tough it is. I had it under the rain, had alcohol spilled on it, scratched it, etc, but it always goes away after a short while!

Attachments

• IMG_7894.JPG
    IMG_7894.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 710
For anyone who's had their Dior wallet for years, would you mind posting pics of how it's worn? I'm in the market for a new wallet and love the Dior cabbage, but want a wallet that will last 5 years daily use at least. Thanks in advance!

For anyone who's had their Dior wallet for years, would you mind posting pics of how it's worn? I'm in the market for a new wallet and love the Dior cabbage, but want a wallet that will last 5 years daily use at least. Thanks in advance!

do you mean the Cannage stitching? :biggrin: I bought my Lady Dior long wallet 5 years ago, but I don't use on a daily basis. I have heard from other forum members' comments though that it is more durable than Chanel lambskin. If you're concerned about wear, the patent lambskin is more durable, although it is susceptible to water damage, so that's one thing you would need to be careful of

do you mean the Cannage stitching? :biggrin: I bought my Lady Dior long wallet 5 years ago, but I don't use on a daily basis. I have heard from other forum members' comments though that it is more durable than Chanel lambskin. If you're concerned about wear, the patent lambskin is more durable, although it is susceptible to water damage, so that's one thing you would need to be careful of

Hi Michi! Thanks, that's a pretty detailed response. Interesting, didn't know that patent was more susceptible to water damage, I thought patent bags were supposed to be protected in rain. Would you mind sharing pics of your lady Dior?

Hi Michi! Thanks, that's a pretty detailed response. Interesting, didn't know that patent was more susceptible to water damage, I thought patent bags were supposed to be protected in rain. Would you mind sharing pics of your lady Dior?
Leather, whether patent or not, are still susceptible to water damage. I'm not sure the reasons behind it, but it was explained a while ago that the patent leather was even more so.

Here are some photos of my pink Lady Dior long wallet I bought back in 2011. I took photos from various angles to show how it's fared over time.

1476811704868.jpg

1476811716991.jpg

Still looks great, even in a light color! I'm thinking about the miss Dior one
It does keep very well, I've had to scratch the surface with my fingernail quite hard to remove some dirt before I took these photos, but it didn't affect the surface of the patent coating at all.

Which Miss Dior wallet are you thinking of? Just got one at the weekend and received it from Paris yesterday, it's really beautiful, will do a full reveal when my new Dior bag arrives [emoji1]

Leather, whether patent or not, are still susceptible to water damage. I'm not sure the reasons behind it, but it was explained a while ago that the patent leather was even more so.

Here are some photos of my pink Lady Dior long wallet I bought back in 2011. I took photos from various angles to show how it's fared over time.

View attachment 3496546

View attachment 3496547
Such a pretty colour and still looking good! Thanks for sharing. I know you said you don't use it on a daily basis, but do you still use it now after 5 years? I've the same one but in a different colour (midnight blue patent) and been using it as my permanent full sized wallet. Any tips for avoiding to scratch the patent? I put it in my neverfull which also has a lot other things in, but I take care in where I place it (not just shove it in).