Show me some Ostrich! :yahoo:

Baggaholic

SofaKing PuertoRican
O.G.
Mar 6, 2006
So,

I've been very curious lately about ostrich :graucho: The only problem is that I only have a pocket flashlight and a pocket measuring tape in ostrich to guide me. I want DETAILS DETAILS!!!!

?1. How do the handles get after long time use
?2. Is it heavy
?3. Do the pores ever pop out
?4. is this a scratch resistant leather
?5. How does it behave in rain
?6. What colors are available in a size 25cm
?7. Does it stink like a wet chicken when it gets wet
?8. Does it "patina"

SHOW ME SOME CHICKEN!!!!!!!!! I wanna see everyones naked chicken!!!!!!:graucho:

I wanna drool over some pics, talk me into loving the CHICKEN SKIN!!!!!

Mine is still very new so I cannot answer most of your questions.

2. As for weight, I find this bag very light.
5. I was told that you could just wipe it off if it gets wet
7. I have not smelled it when it got wet, but now I am curious

I was just warned that you need to keep it away from any oil/lotion. Any of that could discolor the skin.

Funny that you call it chicken, my DH calls it my bird. He also calls Croc "swamp".

Here is my pic
30 vert anis birkin
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3654.jpg
    IMG_3654.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 531
I wonder if a drop of oil would permanently stain the bag? I feel like putting one of my Ostrich pieces through some tests but I don't wanna hurt the poor bird.

Where is HG, I need HG right now. She is the only Hermes genius that knows these answers!

1. How do the handles get after long time use I had twillies over them to prevent them from darkening.

2. Is it heavy The lightest bag I ever have! :tup:

3. Do the pores ever pop out Yes it does so I am extremely careful with the bag.

4. is this a scratch resistant leather Hmmm, so far no scratch (touchwood).

5. How does it behave in rain Excellent. I had it when it was raining one day. I wipe it off immediately and there's no spots at all.

6. What colors are available in a size 25cm Not sure abt this. My guess is plenty.

7. Does it stink like a wet chicken when it gets wet Not at all. :roflmfao:

8. Does it "patina" I guess it will for light coloured ostrich.

Attachments

• DSC03595 tPF.jpg
    DSC03595 tPF.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 473
DETAILS DETAILS: I have a chocolate 35cm Birkin.
?1. How do the handles get after long time use Yes, unfortunately the handles darken over time and are especially noticable with lighter colo.red bags. You could cover with twillies.
?2. Is it heavy Ostrich is very lightweight
?3. Do the pores ever pop out I have not had that problem but have heard about it.
?4. is this a scratch resistant leather Yes, it appears to be very scratch resistant.
?5. How does it behave in rain Wonderfully.
?6. What colors are available in a size 25cm Sorry I don't know.
?7. Does it stink like a wet chicken when it gets wet No, not that I know.
?8. Does it "patina" Yes to some degree the whole bag gets darker but handles moreso.

It is a great leather that I would recommend. Having learned how Ostrich is plucked, I don't know if I would purchase another. But I really like what I have. Because of the darkening handles (which I understand can be replaced) I would only purchase darker colors even tho I love the look of the lighter colored ones.
Good luck Baggs.

How come the leather can rub off with lotion but not damage when it gets wet?
I've checked with my store supervisor about this earlier and she said that body lotion (contains oil) can damage the leather. Also, rain drops have to be wiped off immeditately. I'm guessing if we let it stay there for long, the stain might develops.

How come the leather can rub off with lotion but not damage when it gets wet?

If you get water on ostrich and do not wipe it immediately, you will get a water mark when the leather is wet but that goes away when the leather dries up. But it is not really a "water or liquid proof" leather so hand lotions, oils will leave a "permanent" dark patch on the leather.