Show me how you store your Hermes! Silly, mindless fun!

I cannot wait to go home and show my PHH your closet Rocker! I figure one of two things will happen (1) he will be inspired to see how clean and organized a closet can be and build me one (yeah, I laughed out loud too), or (2) he can never yell at me again for having too much stuff! he he he! You are amazing!

transcendent- that is such a gorgeous cabinet! I just love the color of the wood- beautiful!

ight now, the second you open the door presents are at your toes. They are being hidden from the kiddies and they know they are not allowed near the closet.

Awww....that is so sweet! Don't you just love kids at Christmas????? That reminds me, I need to wrap all mine.....*gulp!*

India - that linen closet sounds like my idea of heaven! I used to collect antique linens - have you a copy of the book "The book of Fine Linens' by Franccoise de Bonneville? It's the most fabulous book in the entire world! I read it like the Bible! LOL!

I just saw this and I'm floored, that is a spectacular dream closet, you have covered all the details big and little! I love love love all your boots, I wish I could love the heels/sandals, but I hate my feet and usually wear boots.

Cynthia, it was a house in Hancock Park (an older part of LA) that was built in the 1920's. It was a house built for live-in help - maid's room and bath off the back hall behind the kitchen. Hancock Park is filled with houses such as this one - many much, much larger.

My husband's parents lived in Westchester County (Bedford) for over 50 years, and their house had wonderful things like this, too. A back staircase that went from the butler's pantry upstairs to the servant's quarters which were over the garage. And yes, they had live-in help - a housekeeper that was with the family for 42 years and is buried in the family plot in the church graveyard in Bedford. It was such a wonderful house - SO sad that it was sold after his last parent died. There was a huge attic with enormous old Vuitton steamer trunks (yes, my SIL sold them for a fortune!). Magical for children. Lots and lots of memories....

Cynthia, it was a house in Hancock Park (an older part of LA) that was built in the 1920's. It was a house built for live-in help - maid's room and bath off the back hall behind the kitchen. Hancock Park is filled with houses such as this one - many much, much larger.

India: I grew up in Hancock Park as well (hung out at Larchmont all the time)!:smile: In fact, my parents still live there. So much has changed through the years.. from Conservative **********s and Catholics (then) to Young Hollywood/Industry living in the area (now).

Rockerchic:
Thanks for sharing the photos! I feel like I stepped into a chic boutique on Robertson blvd. :girlsigh: I love your meticulous organizational skills.

I used to collect antique linens - have you a copy of the book "The book of Fine Linens' by Franccoise de Bonneville? It's the most fabulous book in the entire world! I read it like the Bible! LOL!

I have that book too! LMAO!!!! Also, here's another one you might love, "A Well Kept Home; Household Traditions and Simple Secrets from a French Grandmother" by Laura Fronty & Yves Duronsoy. Another favorite of mine!!!!