Should your car and house go with your handbag?

1. Some people feel like if they see someone with a 1000.00 bag, coming out of an apartment, things are mixed up! I dont think it makes a diff, but some women seem to differ on this subject. Some think that all should match in terms of money..example-benz, chanel, house, designer clothing...you get where I am going. What do you all think?:confused1:

2. Hehe. That's one of those annoying topics. Because it can go in any directions. Good or Bad.

Personally, NO. Makes no difference either way. Not everyone can afford to have it all.

3. let's all try and not force our opinions on others. . . hopefully everyone can voice theirs w/o irritating everyone else! LOL!

4. but isn't there a better place for this topic? =D

5. It all boils down to how each person chooses to spend her money.

6. I agree...what people choose to spend their own money on is no one else's business!

7. totally. we just bought our first home but i started collecting designer goods when i was younger and my most expensive (lv speedy) was a gift when i graduated uni a few yrs ago. everyone has a story and we never know it

8. I agree with you ladies, but someone made a comment to me a while back about someone not having this and that, but they drive a lexus, and want a chloe bag. You would be surprised what people think about others..Just a thread!

9. I agree that some people may have their priorities in a different order than I do. But that's their choice, and it's not my business.

10. It's a matter of priorities and every person's priorities are different. I'm fine with whatever other people do, as long as they don't judge me for doing what I do...

11. Not necessarily. It depends on what you like and what your preferences are, to some extent. For instance, I'd much prefer a nice bag to some crazy car. Sure, I wouldn't complain if someone gifted my a mercedes but I'd be just as happy driving a Honda Civic. My dream car is one of those volkswagon (spelling???) beatles from the late 90's/early 2000's - that's the only car I've ever said "ooh, that's a *me* car'. Car's don't do it for me. As long as it gets me where I need to go, I'm happy. I actually hate driving. Cars are weapons to me... err - yeah, I'm a little neurotic :shame:

And houses - well, I prefer apartments. Not for price benefits - in all reality, apartment living is more expensive overall because you're not paying towards anything - certainly not an investment like your own property is. But I prefer apartment living. I like less responsibility - I like that if your stove breaks you don't have to panic but rather your landlord does. I like that you can have a pool that's maintained for you and *never* have to mow a lawn. Most importantly though, I like the sense of community I get from apartment living. Or condo's - my dream is to one day own a condo. I feel safe knowing people are all around me - above, below, around - I can't explain it. But again, I'm neurotic - so maybe I'm not the best person to be giving opinions on this one :lol:

So matching bag to car/home? It's relative to what you think matches :lol:. To me, a balenciaga bag matches just fine with whatever car gets me where I need to go and a 1 bedroom apartment (with a maintained pool, and perhaps tennis courts :lol:).

12. Well, I have a nice bag collection, but I drive a Toyota Corolla that we bought used for a great deal from my hubby's great aunt. It gets me where I need to go and has decent gas mileage. I'm just not into cars that much, and I truly don't want some ginormous SUV that guzzles oil. I prefer to save my cash for bags!

13. Yeah I am in the prefer apartment living category. I know it cost more. but i don't have to worry about anything. and as my life expands. and funds expand I can easily move from a one bedroom to a two bedroom. I have my dream car. It was a graduation present from my parents (it is a 2002 cyber green beetle). I mean it sorta fancy but not really... It the car i love it totally me. I don't think i'll ever get a luxury car... I will baby this one. I've wanted this car since i was 17.

14. I don't think it's an issue of "should". It's whatever YOU want, however you want to spend your money.

I have long since gotten over what others think, or what conclusions they may come to based on what they see. So, vice versa, I don't jump to any conclusions about others (or at least try really hard not to!).