should i use it

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
hey there! so as you know i have my karo. which i love. i keep testing out things to keep in it. right now i've been carrying my cell phone in it so i don't have to lug around my big camera case. but.... i also want to use this bag as a clutch occasionally. should i not use it as an everyday keep all in my bag because i'm going to ruin it? or do you think it's ok? it's chevre. opinions? i just want to keep it nice forever.

I have two large Karo's, H and I use them in my bags all the time and they are as lovely as the day I bought them. One is black and the other is gold chevre. No issues at all EXCEPT the inside can get a little dirty but that's to be expected.

I usually toss in there my nylon makeup case, hand cream, gum, keys, pen and any other little bits and pieces I don't want getting lost inside my handbag.

really? ok. mine was used when i bought it so the inside is already not perfect. i was just worried about the outside... maybe i should carry it in the dustbag. lol. right now i have it in a clear plastic bag that i found in my purse. i know, crazy.

I also have a used one and used oxy clean on the inside, that worked pretty nicely (turned it inside-out and then cleaned the fabric).

Use that baby! That's waht it's for!

Another option would be to keep it for use as a clutch and to get an insert for your bag. I learned about www.chameleoninserts.com from tPF and am delighted with the xsturdy black one I have in my 35 Birkin. No problem locating anything and no imprints/dusty corners etc in my bag.

btw - what size Karos do you all use in what size bags?

I've had mine for a few years and no worries. The Chevre can take the abuse. As an aside, the interior lining has recently been changed. The older ones have an ivory microfiber type lining whereas the new ones have a dark raspberry rubbery like lining (easier to clean I presume).