should i still trust my dr? miscarriage story

1. i had a miscarriage in march and it's already july. after i found out, i had the DNC procedure. i was supposed to stop bleeding from that 3 weeks later but it didnt stop until may/june. the funny thing is that ever since that happened to me, my cycles have been all out of whack. usually its a 4 day period every 30 days. now my periods are coming frequently and lasting 2 weeks... my dr. says i can start trying again, but how can i when i'm still bleeding. does it sound like he doesn't know what he's doing? do you think he messed up during the DNC? someone help me...
  2. I'm very sorry about your miscarriage.

I think you need to go and see another doctor. Perhaps a female friend can recommend one.
  3. I do think you need a second opinion.
  4. I'm very sorry about your miscarriage. I do agree about going to another doctor and getting a second opinion. Everybody's body reacts differently to these types of procedures, and it may be that yours is one of them - but it's best to go to a 2nd doc to make sure that nothing is wrong!
  5. I'm sorry about your miscarriage.

I agree with the others. You might want to get a second opinion.
  6. it does seems strange huh... i only go to him because he's supposed to be one of the best dr's in our area.
  7. I would tell him directly that you are uncomforable trying while you are bleeding and want to know why it hasn't stopped.

Sometimes being very direct and aggressive is the only way to get over booked Dr.s to pay attention anymore... if he doesn't respond to your satisfaction, move on to another Dr....

Best of luck!!
  8. I would get a 2nd opinion, but my cycle was really messed up for a while after my 2nd pregnancy. So it could be that your body is reacting too.
  9. It is always wise to get a second opinion. And if you are questioning him, you probably no longer trust him fully anyway, and so you should move on. I hope you get some answers soon.
  10. Sorry you had a miscarriage, very traumatic. I really would have a second opinion before trying to get pregnant again. You need to be sure that there is nothing which could interfere with second pregnancy present. Perhaps you could have fibroids or endemetriosis. Please rule these out. I had similar symptoms & had both of above conditions.
  11. I'm sorry you're going thru this. I had a D&C after a partial miscarriage and the bleeding stopped relatively fast after the procedure. Periods weren't much changed either. My dr. at the time had no sympathy and did nothing to help with my concerns about trying to conceive, so I asked around and found a great OB/GYN practice. It's hard to change doctors; if you're losing confidence in him, it's probably time to look for someone new.
  12. I am sorry about your loss. From what I've heard and read it does sound unusual that you were bleeding for so long after the D&C, and that now your cycles are messed up but your doctor thinks it's OK to try again. Have you asked him why you bled for so long, and why your cycles are so different now? If you have and his answers didn't make sense, I'd see another doctor. Doctors with good bedside manners are becoming a rarity, aren't they?

Good luck!
  13. I am so sorry for your loss...but I agree with the others, I would seek a second opinion.

I had a missed miscarriage myself last month and had a DC on July's been 8 days and I've totally stopped bleeding. (well, at the point where I'm comfortable just wearing a panty liner, just in case)

Of course, every body is different...but even after a natural miscarriage I had last year, I didn't bleed for longer than 2.5 weeks total. And got my period back w/in the anticipated time (4-6 weeks.)

Take care of yourself...I hope you get the answers you seek.

14. Do go for a second opinion if you think that it'll help you understand your situation especially if your doctor is not answering your questions.

If there's anything I've learned thru 1 miscarriage and 3 other pregnancies, the norm usually represents most but not all women. For instance, after my DNC, i bled randomly for weeks in between my normal period cycles. I obviously was frecked out because it's not concerned normal, but the doctor checked and said that I was fine. After giving birth, they say that you'll bleed for 4-6 weeks....I bled on and off for four months. Yet again, i went to my doctor to make sure that everything was fine...and it was. Each person's body responds so differently to all the changes that though there may be norms it hardly includes the entire population of people. That being said, it seems like your doctor is not being thorough enough to explain the situation to you and check up on you to confirm that there is absolutely nothing wrong.

Hope everything works out!
  15. I'm sorry about your miscarriage. But I agree with the others, I would get a second opinion.