Should I Replace the Zipper?

1. I just received my White MC Speedy. The bag is in great condition with only one minor flaw (besides the yucky mothball smell :yucky:). The material attached to the zipper (not the bags canvas) has discoloration. It has a slight green tint to it. I'm thinking about getting the zipper replaced because I find myself constantly looking at it. What would you do? Do you think that a new one would get discolored too (I'm VERY gentle with my bags)? How much do you think it would cost? TIA for your input :smile:
  2. can you post pics? would be easier to give opinion to replace or not, if I had a visual.
  3. I wish I could but I'm at work right now & afterwards I'm leaving for vacation so I don't have time. The bag isn't that old & it looks like color bled onto it from something.
  4. I think I would. How much does LV charge to replace the zipper?
  5. I don't think it would be too much. When I called they said it all depends on how damaged the bag is.
  6. If it bugs you then do it, especially if its not that much. The only problem is - you will be without your bag for a while.
  7. How long does it usually take to replace a zipper? I'm away for 2 weeks anyway so maybe it can be fixed by the time I come back! Thank you crjhht for your suggestion :smile: It does bother me & I know I'll keep looking at it.
  8. I don't know how long repairs take as I have never had any done. I'm like you- I fixate on my bags issues, so yes I do think you should do it! Let us know what they tell you about repair cost and time!;)
  9. the bag looks like its in great shape. I would replace the zipper. Not sure on the price, but you can call LV for an estimate. If they do it in store 1-2 weeks, if they send it out, could take a few months.

If you have time I would drop it off before you leave on vacation.
  10. I just dropped it off at LV. It's going to cost me $60 & it's going to take 8-10 weeks. Does anyone know why it takes so long to replace a zipper?
  11. DEFINITELY have the repair done. The pics are taking too long to load up, so I can't be 100% positive, but I used to buy and sell costume jewelry and learned that green on metal is a very bad sign! Basically, it means that the metal is rotting away (not like fruit, but in a chemical sense.) After spending mucho bucks on this gorgeous bag, spending another $60 to have it "perfected" will make you feel so much better about it.