should I pierce my nose?

Lorri-G said:
as a dog groomer, I've handled ickier things than my nose stud.

Oh my, I can imagine!!! Say, do you have any advice for removing red tear stains from a dog's face? I tried EyeEnvy but it didn't do much. I've used diluted hydrogen peroxide, but I'm afraid it will dry out his skin.

pseub said:
Oh my, I can imagine!!! Say, do you have any advice for removing red tear stains from a dog's face? I tried EyeEnvy but it didn't do much. I've used diluted hydrogen peroxide, but I'm afraid it will dry out his skin.

What kind of dog? My 10 yr old poodle gets the worst stains and I just keep the hair clipped really close to his eyes. I used to use a drug called "tyland" it is an antibiotic and as long as I sprinkled it in his water, it kept his eyes clear. I didnt want to use it long term. Just use a cotten ball with warm water and clean the area daily....keep the hair close
Lorri

Lorri-G said:
What kind of dog? My 10 yr old poodle gets the worst stains and I just keep the hair clipped really close to his eyes. I used to use a drug called "tyland" it is an antibiotic and as long as I sprinkled it in his water, it kept his eyes clear. I didnt want to use it long term. Just use a cotten ball with warm water and clean the area daily....keep the hair close
Lorri

He's a King Charles Spaniel, so the hair on his face isn't long enough to clip. I do wipe his face all the time with a cloth to try to keep dry (had read that the red staining was from yeast) but his eyes tear so much it's always wet there. I talked to the vet and she said "it's just the breed" though I haven't seen other KCS's with the same amount of tearing.

Greenie said:
you're going to be an old lady with a hole in your nose someday.

With everything that's gonna happen to our bodies when we get old ...wrinkles, sagging boobies, hanging arms, etc, a hole in my nose doesn't seem so bad :lol:

hmm, i have mixed feelings.... i think you should get it done but then again you can always save the money for a bag.... i must tell you, 2 of the associate professors at my work have their noses done - they only have small ones :smile:

I've had my nose piercing for 4 years and just recently took it off. I had no problem with it. And yes, you can take the nose ring off. I had it replaced with a spiral nose ring because it so much easier to come off rather than taking the backing off a regular stud.
It looks really cute and not that bad like some people here think. I just grew out of it. It doesn't leave a scar which is great. Certain jobs don't allow you to wear nose rings so I buy really tiny studs to be inconspicuous.
I didn't know a lot of people disapprove of nose piercings, and even if you don't do it, I doubt that it's a significant amount of money to buy a bag. I only spent $80 on the whole thing. If you really want to do it then go for it. Goodluck! :biggrin:

Nose piercing and subtle don't go together ... lol. I think you should reconsider. If you are really bent on getting a piercing please don't get it anywhere on your face ....

wow, I had no idea I'd get any strong opinions! I'm still undecided...if I get it done I bet it'll be on a midnight whim...I know people who have them and the hole just looks like a slightly large pore. it isn't a big deal to take out. I hadn't thought about the towel thing, though...ouch.

even if I don't get my nose pierced, someday I'll be an old lady with 2 holes in my nose that can't be helped...right?

I hate my stomach so I have no desire to pierce my bellybutton, although if I had the time and patience to get fab abs I think it is really cute.
I've had my cartilage pierced and its just kind of boring, I think. I also think tongue piercings just advertise me for you know what. and No way would I ever pierce those places that were never meant to be pierced!
where else is there besides your face?

All I have to say is, when I've interviewed people for a job in the past, a few had piercings in their nose, and it was a huge distraction for me :shame: . We have someone on staff with a piercing in her nose, but it's a really, really tiny silver stud. It's hardly noticeable.