should i keep it? return it? get it in another color?

not a crossbody- but i have the anna corinna jet setter jr. tote in matte black and it is a huge, great, throw everything in bag that can still sit really comfortably on my shoulder. i know its not mj- but cute still.

i also saw the Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr Q Hiller Hobo in black today and it is pretty cute- I thought about buying it but decided I didn't need two big black bags.

good luck!

ps. you know the trish can be worn snugly crossbody?:graucho::graucho:

ooh...i second the ac jsj. that's my travel bag. and it's WAY cheaper than MJ...
yep, the trish can be worn crossbody for sure! but it is sooo heavy...

I had to stare at the pic a little longer because it almost didn't even look like an MJ bag to me. I know it's a newer style, but it just doesn't look very attractive. Like everyone seems to agree, it's rather bland. I say go exchange for something else! :yes:

It is not my favorite, but it would work well as a functional cross body messenger for the purposes you mentioned.
....Maybe in a different color; that might snazz it up!

i agree with the rest of the girls on this one kim. this bag doesnt do anything for me - its just kind of blah. why not get the christy? or maybe get a crossbody bag from the mbmj line?

i still cant believe the courier service in manhattan - thats so awesome :smile:

thanks for the all the help, guys. i packed the bag up last night and it's ready to go back on saturday. as someone suggested, it's probably best that i get a messenger bag from mbmj since it's probably going to take a bit of a beating. it wouldn't make much sense to ruin a $1200 bag, right? even if it is for the sake of work and school. i really appreciate all of your honest opinions, and i'm hoping i find a more kim-like bag this weekend. :flowers:

Good luck with a more kim-like bag! :P You might want to look into the MbyMJ Softy Messenger. Its a nice style and it's cross body. And I believe it retails for $298. :flowers:

Would it be blasphemy if I suggested a non-MJ bag in this forum? :P I would say the Coach medium sized duffle in leather might be good too. It's a good size and I think they've been marked down in recent months. This is the Bleecker style duffle:

Bleecker+Leather+Duffle+-+Ink+Blue+-+328_00.bmp

they also have it in a Larger size as well.