Should I keep damaged shoe from BG if they give me a discount?

I can't believe that they would even offer 10 percent, that is just a standard discount that anyone can get, considering the way that you received your shoes, I guess 20 is better especially if your cobbler will fix them for you.
Nm.com is just awful.

Asshats :Push: To only offer 20 percent is ridiculous. They must not know the condition in which the shoes arrived!

If your cobbler can fix them, and if they are your Holy Grail shoe, a 20 percent discount is better than nothing.

Wow They should have taken off 25% at least! Could you negotiate more with them? I mean, they have to understand that if you send them back they can't resell them in that condition for full price, Right? And that they would either have to get them repaired or mark them down significantly. I think that 20% PLUS the cost of you getting them repaired might be fair....but if not I agree with Cristina.

If your cobbler can fix them, and if they are your Holy Grail shoe, a 20 percent discount is better than nothing.

I'm late commenting too but....I'd see how much the repair will cost and go from there...they really should have given you more off but since you really want them...well, I'd probably repair/keep too..

Asshats :Push: To only offer 20 percent is ridiculous. They must not know the condition in which the shoes arrived!

I agree. If you have a reliable cobbler and your shoes come back good as new then you would be happy. The discount would be worth it.

what? the max they could do is 20%? tell them to throw in another 5%! what's another 5% compared to the amount of trauma/sadness you have to go through? these people know absolutely nothing! we spent a hell lot on them and we definitely want to make our money's worth!

I haven't done anything yet, but the CS rep I spoke with on the phone yesterday was so helpful. She kept going back to her supervisor to ask for more $ off/ She looked at my e-mail with the pics and she was shocked! She said that she would credit my account 20% of the shoes and I can still return the shoes if I want.

The VPs were size 40 and they fit perfectly so I am tempted to keep them and clean them up since they now are $616 after the discount. You really can't see anything wrong with them once they are on and the glue comes off easily. I found a 40.5 black patent VP burgandy tip at BG online the same day the damaged ones arrived, so I ordered it (just in case). They are too big so I will have to return them. Anyone need the 40.5?

Thanks for all your advice and support! I feel better about it when I put the shoes on and they look GORGEOUS. It makes me forget about the liner being pulled out. $154 off is pretty good I guess for my HG shoe.

^ i guess you could get your cobbler to fix those liners up? no big trouble on that but just feel upset for you! i returned my pewter iowa mary janes b/c i was not pleased that the metallics were already fading off when they were brand new!