should i go for it?

1. i am loving the mbmj fall 07 bags. i have been anxiously waiting for the groove bag now called dr. q groovee bag, and it's available through Zappos, eluxury, and Shopbop.

i would love to order through Shopbop or Zappos because i wouldn't have to pay ny sales tax plus they offer free shipping, but they don't have the it in the color i want (bordeaux). i also called Shopbop to see if they'll be getting the bag in bordeaux, and the rep says she doesn't see it in their future orders. :sad:

i just called the mbmj accessories store and they have it available in the bordeaux color for $498 not including tax, which they've set aside for me. should i just buy it? i LOVE the bag, but it's the most i would have ever spent on a mbmj bag. i attached a picture of it, but it's in the tan color rather than the bordeaux.

what do you guys think? is it worth it? should i get it in the bordeaux or the tan? it also comes with a longer shoulder strap that's not pictured here. on another note, i think the metal hang tag is so great!

mbmj dr q groovee handbag.jpg
  2. WOW, I just made a post about this right after you did. What a coincidence!
    You should go for it because I want to, too!

3. i love this bag, does it come in other colors.black would be gorgeous.

4. Well, I just posted in the thread above.

More toward your question about color. I say get the color you want. I believe that shipping is $25 from MBMJ store no matter how large the order so maybe get some other MBMJ goodies while you're at it.

5. there's a darker color called chocolate...but I'm not sure of how it looked IRL.

6. it is nice! to me it looks like MbyMJ version of Trish from MJ main line. If you really like it in Bordeaux, then just order it from the store. do you have a photo of this bag in bordeux?

i quite like the tag too!

7. when i saw this line posted on here i thought it was soo perfect and excited the the m by mj line was going in a classier, more timeless direction. that being said, when i went to the boutique to look at the bags, i didn't fall in love with them... especially for the new more expensive prices. i feel you on the price, especially for since it is m by mj. but if you love it- i say go for it! and go for it in the color you want- you'll regret it forever if you choose a different color because of the cheaper price. good luck!!

8. Love it!

9. here are some photos for references:

colour : tan & chocolate (darker colour)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. unfortunately, i can't find a picture of the bordeaux bag that i can post here, but you can see it on marcjacobs.com. i'm going to the store this sunday to see the color irl. i might end up liking the tan more or, hopefully, not at all. i doubt that'll be the case though.

12. From marcjacobs.com :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. somehow, the photos of "tan" shown in shopbop.com and Zappos are a little reddish... not sure which is the correct tone.

i have a suggestion. you can order the bordeaux from MbyMJ store and the tan from zappos and decide which one to keep after receiving and comparing them. :graucho:

14. ^ thanks for posting all those pics. i think the color the tan as seen on zappos or shopbop might be more accurate than the what's shown on the marc site. that's probably why i have reservations about the color. if the bordeaux is half as pretty as the cordovan, i'll be going home with that bag come sunday afternoon!

nocturne, your suggestion is very crafty, but i'll be at the store, and i believe the sa named kanako said they had all three colors in. i don't live that far from the mbmj store. it takes me about ten minutes to walk there.

a bit ot, but i adore the herringbone lining!

15. if you are near to a MbyMJ store then it is great. if you are located at somewhere not near any stores, ordering from both stores in order to compare the colour isnt a great crime, isnt it?