Should I get my FIRST LV from....

I agree with all the Elux suggestions for your first - it will really allow you to get to know how the material looks and feels, so you will be better at ID'ing fakes online.

Don't worry about going into a store - LV isn't as exclusive as Hermes where you need to be on lists to get bags... LV is much easier to obtain, and you don't need a "relationship" as much here, esp if you're wanting one of the mainstream ones.

Elux!!!
For one thing you know it will be authentic, and secondly you don't have to worry about someone else having owned it...it's nice to have a patina and dirt-free bag for your first!!!

elux, my first was from e-bay and it was a fake. Nothing like buying a real purse for the 1st time from a legit source. Enjoy it and savor it. And most of all Go For It!!!!

I might be just me, but I would TOTALLY drive to the store!!! Three hours isnt that long. You can make a grand day of it. Leave at around 8am.....get there by 11am go to the store..make your purchase, have a great lunch and drive home.....you will be home before dinner!! Your first bag should be bought in the store if you can. Its a great feeling.
If that not really an option do elux. Ebay is tricky at best and your first should be brand spanking new!!

Selena said:
I might be just me, but I would TOTALLY drive to the store!!! Three hours isnt that long. You can make a grand day of it. Leave at around 8am.....get there by 11am go to the store..make your purchase, have a great lunch and drive home.....you will be home before dinner!! Your first bag should be bought in the store if you can. Its a great feeling.

I think this is the best idea yet - making a day of it would be fun, and going to the store in person would be well worth the drive! For my first LV, after a day of sightseeing I dragged my tired fiance and bored teenager across London on the Tube, and then we walked all the way down Bond street, and even they agreed it was worth it, once we got there.