Should I buy it?

1. I have been wanting to buy Damier Speey 30 for quite a while but because there is not LV boutique in the city I live in, I don't have a chance to buy it yet. I saw so many pictures of Damier speedy posted here and the bag looks just so beautiful that I think it should be the right bag for me. However, when I told my boyfriend and my cousin that I would ask my friend, who will go to Banff in 2 days, to buy this bag for me. They both said I should see and try this bag first in person before I decide to buy it. I never see anyone use Damier speedy in person here. I saw only Mono one. I once tried Damier papillon about 4 years ago but I didn't like it so I decided to buy mono instead. So what you guys think? Should I just buy it or I should wait until I get a chance to at least try it? Thanks ;)
  2. I would try it on. I came to the LV store with the intention to by the damier and I ended up buying the mono. You really have to try it on and look at it in the mirror.. that's just my opinion. YOu wont be sorry with either one though. They are both gorgeous...
  3. IMHO, you cannot go wrong with ANY Damier bag!!! I'd go for it--Damier is not only gorgeous, but easy to care for!

Good luck and post pics if you get it.;)
  4. I would go and see the bag in person, sometimes another bag calls to you when you see them IRL
  5. Could you buy it online, that way you have the option of returning by mail if you don't like it?
  6. I can't buy it via elux because it delivers only in the US, not Canada :shrugs: And Banff is like 15 hours drive from here :s
  7. You probably should try the bag in the store.
    The first time I walked in a LV store, I had all the intentions of buying a
    Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene. Well, I did. But when I got home, I couldn't
    stop thinking of the Mono. So I went right back and exchanged it.

Good luck to whatever you decide.
  8. I love the Damier print and am hoping to buy a 25 for myself. But I would definitely try it out first to make sure you do in fact LOVE it. To see it in person may be different from what you expected or hoped. Also some people find it too big for their size/frame so probably best to hold it. But if you don't have a LV store nearby and decide to buy it without trying it, you won't be able to return it or exchange it. Just keep that in mind.
  9. Thanks, that's what I'm worried about :s
  10. Could you call the store and check out whether, if you don't like it after you get it, you could return it to the store via mail? I actually have done that because my LV is quite far as well. They might be willing to work with you. It's a beautiful bag and I think you would really love it though. If you've already got the Mono Pap, you might really enjoy having a Damier piece. It took me a while to warm up to Damier, but I really love it now. If you can't buy on line, and the store will work with you, it sure would be worth giving it a try. I'm pretty sure they would let you exchange it for the mono if you got it and didn't love it, so maybe not a full return, but an exchange might be possible. I'd give the store manager a call and explain the situation and just ask her. I've had wonderful experiences with LV boutiques and they are usually really, really nice.
  11. OMG - I just got my Damier Speedy 30 and it is absolutely one of my favorite bags of all time.

I got it with the messenger strap. I love how durable it is AND how it doesn't SCREAM Louis Vuitton either. I mean, we all know its LV but it doesn't have the monogram all over the place - KWIM?

It can be a casual bag or a dressy bag IMO. It wears like iron and holds a ton. I also love how it can "sag" or you can put a book or magazine in the bottom and it holds it shape.

I am TOTALLY IN LOVE with mine. I can't say enough about this bag.

BTW - I say BUY IT!!
  12. I am sure you will love it.
  13. I would probably try it on in person. I know I've often thought I liked certain bags and then after I see them and try them I change my mind.
  14. YOU SHOULD GET IT!!! LOL... I love speedy damier 30! it's such a classy yet simple bag. Definitely all time favourite IMO.
  15. I think you'll love it
    I say go for it if your friend is heading there