should I be worried....

kimmy

@LV Princess@
O.G.
Dec 10, 2005
Ok, so I live in the UK and have a bag my bf got me coming from the US ... it was meant to be a suprise but he told me as he was worried it may be caught by customs.

My bag was last tracked leaving the US to the the 3rd June and now its the 7th June.... do you think it got caught by customs... has anyone had any experience of this. .... :sad:

it might just be at your nearest post office...CAll them to check!...I've had an item supposidly sent to my address..and never got here..didn't even leave behind a tag..so i just went to my post office and it was all there

In my experience parcels from the US to the UK can be delayed a few days in customs. At the time of the parcel being delivered, you will usually have to pay the postman/courier the Import Duty and VAT on the parcel.

you should call the carrier and be sure they don't hit you with a tax which is out of line with the value. I mailed something to my little cousin in the US...it was a "faux" leather jacket...(not that I am a faux girl!) but she is 6 and she wanted it...it WAS PLASTIC for crying out loud...I paid 10 euros on the market! Her mother got charged more than $100.00 in taxes! They claimed I lied about the value! Plastic, I tell you, plastic! yikes...her mother paid the tax without consulting me about it, so, at that point, it was too late...

Hopefully they agree with the value as stated...and hopefully you do as well?