Should I be offended?!?!

1. I was carrying a black leather Soho flap when my kids' piano teacher asked me, "Oh, did you get that at Kohl's or Target? I have one just like it." I said, "No, I got it at the Coach store." She then proceeded to tell me how she goes with this friend to clandestine places to buy fake Coach all the time, and how it's so scary and weird to have to buy fake Coach.:wtf:

What is up with that? And do you think the soho flap looks like fake vinyl Target bags?!?!? Should I get a different bag?!?!?

Not sure how I should take that!!!

What do you think?
  2. I'd just take it as someone who doesn't know Coach trying to make conversation. Sounds like she's harmless - uninformed, but harmless. Enjoy your Coach!!! I'm SURE it doesn't look like a cheap vinyl bag - I've never seen one that does! :tup:
  3. I agree with what illi said above. I think this is just a person that does not know Coach and the quality that is Coach. I wouldn't take it personally if I were you!
  4. Two of my three Coach purses are from the Soho line. I purposefully sought out after Sohos, I love their look.
  5. I totally agree with what the others said. Enjoy your bag knowing full well its real quality! I always carry my Coach choco siggy Legacy shoulder bag and one time, my teenage daughter's classmate mentioned to her she saw the same bag being sold at Wal-Mart! I just smiled to myself as I knew for a fact this was not true. To people who are not into Coach, they really miss out on the details and lump out all similar-shaped bags under one umbrella!
  6. Shes obviously not a purse lover if she gets her bags at Kohls and Target so I wouldnt worry. She was probably just trying to make conversation and didnt realize that what she was saying was a little off!
  7. ^ I agree. I wouldn't worry about it.
  8. I agree with everyone here, obviously the woman doesn't know authentic Coach items - she only knows Fakes (whether it'd be from Target, Kohls or Fake Coach) so she wouldn't recognize a real Coach even if she came upon it.