Should I be insulted???

redice1980, that was very rude of your friend. If you like the bag, thats all that matters... but she should have thought twice (and I'm sure she didn't) before she said something about your bag. Like derfsisiht01 said, the world is full of haters... what can you do?

I used to get VERY upset when friends AND some family members would say something rude to me about my bags. It was usually the same things... Those Cs are ugly, that's too much to pay for a bag, you're so obsessed with money, you just want everybody to think you're rich, you like to show off, blah, blah, blah... At times, I felt like giving my bags away (my niece in CA also collects Coach). Finally, my SO told me, "If you know what they're saying is not true, why do you let it get to you?". To me, it seems like whatever a person is saying to you, they mean it about themselves. The people who called my bags ugly carried ugly bags themselves and those who ALWAYS asked me how much I paid for my bags (I always say a gift, I don't like to say how much cause the questions JUST CONTINUE) were the ones who were obsessed with money and were always trying to make it seem like they had more than what they had by bragging and such (some of them carried fakes).

I'm sorry... that might have been a little off-topic but I can't stand when people think they have the right to say something bad about you OR your bags OR your whatever... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if they don't have anything nice to say, (or a descent way of expressing how they feel) they shouldn't say anything at all.

I saw this girl today and she kept going on about how she loved the bag I was carrying and how she likes that bag more than any other one she has seen me carry. But then she followed up by saying that she would probably never pay what I did for it. GRRRRR Funny thing... she has seen me carry that bag before. Who knows what her deal is.

I agree with the jealousy! If she's your friend, knows you like Coach, knows its a Coach bag, other than jealousy why would she say something so rude & unkind to you? Just shake it off (easier said than done, I know :sad: ) and enjoy your bag!

Just a little note-when people make comments like that to me about my bags or my shoes, it does make me realize how lucky I am to afford nice things! Many people who can afford things don't spend like we do, but there are so many who just simply can't. It reminds me to be thankful b/c I'm guilty of taking things for granted! :smile:

Sorry to here that your friend was so rude to you! I can relate, some of my friends mock my love for Coach and it upsets me, but deep down inside I think they may be jealous. Flaunt your new bag!