Should I be bummed or be happy I lost?

1. Ok, so I was bidding on a GROOM LV round key coin purse when I was outbidded :yucky: the last minute. Then I started looking up others to bid on when I noticed that on the item I lost, the bell boy seemed off. Then I went on elux to compare and yep, the little man was lower on the site and he was more centered on the item I lost. Should I be happy that I lost to a fake or can the bell boy be higher? Below are the links.

Click here: eBay: Louis Vuitton (LV) Coin Purse Limited Edition (item 180072607464 end time Jan-15-07 03:03:19 PST)

Click here: eLUXURY - Louis Vuitton - Monogram Groom Porte Monnaie Rond lv louis vuitton

2. Did the groom stuff come out in green? I've never seen any??

3. I have never seen green too! Maybe it's more of a relieve for you and the seller didn't really have any feedback to support her authenticity.

4. I've also never seen the green but apparently the groom collection came in these colors:blue, red, cream white, off-white, yellow, green and orange. Not sure if they are piece specific. Oh well. Guess it's best that I go to LV tomorrow and ask. Maybe I'll walk out with something to feel better:graucho:

5. Be VERY happy you lost. This was a fake. The round Groom coin purse only came in orange.

6. Alot of the Groom pieces while they came in many colors, are item specific. This is a fake!

7. Never bid on someone with ZERO Feedback!!

8. Another thing for your information although the above auction is fake because they only did come in orange, had that been an orange one or any other Vuitton item... you can not compare them to the items on ELuury. The pictures on Elux are prototypes and will be off somewhere on detail as compared to the real one. For instance if you look at the Bosphore there is no vachetta piping on the inside front of the bag. This is to throw off counterfeits.

eLUXURY - Louis Vuitton - Monogram Canvas Messenger PM Bosphore Louis Vuitton

9. << The pictures on Elux are prototypes and will be off somewhere on detail as compared to the real one. For instance if you look at the Bosphore there is no vachetta piping on the inside front of the bag. This is to throw off counterfeits. >>

I had no idea that the Elux pix are prototypes -who told you this? Thx for the info, though, as I have compared them to auction pictures myself.

I doubt that they deliberately put prototype pix on there to fool counterfeiters, though; professional counterfeiters don't need Elux pix to look at. My guess is they make their pix so small and sparse precisely so people can't do what we do: use them as a handy reference to buy used goods.

10. Wow- I'm not sure how to take this.:confused1:. on one hand you are doubting my post and on the other thanking me for it. Let me first say that I have and never will postinformation that I have not confirmed myself by the appropriate sources. That being said... You are incorrect in your statement doubting that they deliberately put prototype pictures on their website to fool counterfeiters. Louis Vuitton takes every measure possible to deter counterfeiters and that does include tweaking their pictures slightly on ELuxury.:flowers:

11. the green is fake. it only came in orange. (or was that yellowish? im half way to colorblind!) but no green for sure.
    congrats! you lost on a fake!

12. Wow- I'm not sure how to take this.:confused1:. on one hand you are doubting my post and on the other thanking me for it. Let me first say that I have and never will postinformation that I have not confirmed myself by the appropriate sources.

Since I don't know you (or anyone else here) or your sources, I question things. I do this IRL, too. :smile: Are you an LV employee?

13. It is perfectly fine to question things, however your statement did pose a question but a doubt as to the validity of my post.:flowers:

14. I mean this in an all positive way: I'm glad you lost that auction!

Of course as others have previously mentioned, the Groom Agenda only came in orange.

The trademark heat stamp and "Louis Vuitton" font on the box are both off.

Notice the difference in the O's in the heat stamp.. below is a pic fo my old Cerises Cles heat stamp and a pic of the fake Groom PMR's heat stamp:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Oh my, yes I'd definitely be happy if I lost that auction. The PMR never came in green, only orange...I WISH that style had come in more colors.

And as for the eluxury thing, yes, they do provide a certain limited amount of details. This is why you don't see pictures of the inside and details of ALL pieces on the elux and vuitton sites. Sure you can get your pictures of the pieces somewhere else but LVMH as a company is providing what info they feel comfortable with, then leaving it at that. They aren't going to show everything down to the detail so the counterfeiters can print out the pictures and make every piece "perfect" down to each and every stitch.