Should Chanel Be More Restrictive?

envyme said:
I guess it can be any handbag. When I'm carrying a Chanel and see someone also carrying a Chanel, I smile. Its odd. I feel somewhat "connected" with the other Chanel carrier.

I am so going off on tangents....:shrugs:

Oh, that's what you meant~~ Got it:flowers: Hm ... you know, I don't think I feel as connected to a person who is carrying a Birkin or Kelly, but I definitely feel connected if the person is carrying a Bolide. I'm going to have pay attention next time.

I feel connected if I see someone carrying a non-namebrand that I also happen to own though. I don't know about Chanel yet, because I have yet to carry my bag (due to the issue I mentioned in another post)..

No, not everyone can even afford chanel and if chanel were to become as exclusive as hermes i would not be able to buy from each season like i do now, minimum 4 bags a year. i think i would go crazy if that happened

I would absolutely hate if Chanel got as exclusive as Hermes (and not to mention, expensive!). Living in Pittsburgh, all I have is a Saks with it's tiny little Chanel room. I'm so glad I have a great SA, though :yes:

I hope not. As much as I love Hermes' products I can do without their games and customer service (or lack thereof) so that's why I'm contemplating buying my first Chanel and why I went back to LV and Goyard. :flowers:

crochetbella said:
I hope not. As much as I love Hermes' products I can do without their games and customer service (or lack thereof) so that's why I'm contemplating buying my first Chanel and why I went back to LV and Goyard. :flowers:

I'm planning on taking a little vacation from H right now since I'm not getting anywhere and am getting pretty discouraged ... This is why I'm paying attention to my Chanel bag again (hence being bothered by the mark) and contemplating YSL. I also want to get something from Goyard but unfortunately the color I want is discontinued. H is still my ult. love but I also love Chanel - it's so timeless

ITA with what's being said... I think Chanel is exclusive enough since it's not sold online and the price point is much higher than most brands - i.e. a lot higher than LV, etc...

Even though a Birkin is my dream bag, it's really pissing me off when I asked in the H forum about whether I needed to have a "relationship" when an SA to get on a waitlist for a Birkin, and almost everyone said yes! It's a pain since I live 3 hours from the nearest H store, and it's not even a full boutique.

It irritates me that H looks down on people who buy from resellers, but are snobby enough to want you to buy things at their store just to have your name put on a waitlist for a bag that you may still not get anytime soon.

Sigh... just my 2 cents!

Yeah..Chanel is exclusive enough already. I DO wish they'd do an eluxury type thing though. My store doesn't always have everything I want to see and the actual boutique is a couple hours away so I don't get up there very often.
But I guess in a way it's good..but if it EVER gets to be the way Hermes is, I don't think I'd be interested anymore. I too have noticed the snootiness in the way they look at people when they walk into the store. Once I went in and there was a lady with a Coach bag and the two SAs there were kind of looking at it and whispering to each other.
I mean, how do they know that she wasn't uber wealthy and that wasn't just her shopping purse? She could have a whole closet of Birkins and Kellys, for all they know.
Anyway, I suppose eventually I'd like a Birkin but eh. I'm more than happy with my LV and Chanel for now.

I think chanel is restrictive enough. Heck-I've called all over the country at times looking for certain bags!!! I agree with those who are turned off by the hermes game you have to play just to get a birkin---seems ridiculous to me..but that's my 2 cents. I would love to have a birkin one day but I can't play that game. I stuck my toe in the Hermes 'water' a few months ago but it just turned me off!!

I think the waiting list thing is a nice touch if the price of the item is affordable but yet they want to make it an unique and exclusive items to reward loyal customers.