Shopping in Boston and Minneapolis

1. Hi everybody,

I'm going to Minneapolis this weekend and would like some helpful hints on good places to shop (or just visit) while I'm in town

In June, I'm going to Boston and am wondering about good places to shop, visit and eat while I"m there.

Would the natives from either city let me know the 411?

Thanks!

2. In Minneapolis, go downtown to Nicollet Mall. There are tons of shops there like Neiman, Cole Haan, Marshall Fields, Marshalls, Gap, etc, etc. Then you could always go to Mall of America of course.

3. In Boston, Newbury street for people watching and shopping. I also like the Natick mall.

4. I Can Tell You Anything & Everything On Boston.....As For Minnesota ~ Mall Of America (But, I've Only Visted It A Couple Times!)

5. ^I'm Sorry Just Email Or PM With Any Help You Need ~ It's My Pleasure!

6. The MOA is so cliche and full of stores you could easily find at a much smaller mall... I'd go with Nicollet Mall :o)

7. yep, MOA is overrated but if you've never been there it might be kind of interesting. The Nordies there is trying to become higher end so who knows what kind of goodies will be coming in. Downtown Mpls is pretty fun. Except Marshal Fields is turning into a cursed Macys and rumor has it theyre going to phase out some of the designer items ie shoes and whatnot.

8. I really like walking around Harvard Square in Boston. Lots of cute coffee shops and little boutiques for shopping. When you're there you have to go to Finale http://www.finaledesserts.com/ the desserts are out of this world!

I was a benefactor at an ice skating show in Boston last year & I had such a great time wandering around. I can't wait to go back this year.

You'll have a great time.

9. I have to agree with the comments for Minneapolis. Go to the Nicollet Mall -- it is way better (especially NM!!)

The mall is nice if you want to just see a lot of random stores lol

10. the prudential center is always nice if you're doing boston shopping. and i totally agree about newbury st.

11. Boston is beautiful in June. Tapeo on Newbury for Spanish tapas is great for alfresco dining, especially in the evening. ($5-$8 per tapa, approx 3 per person.) Actually alfresco dining on Newbury is just wonderful over the summer. Lunch at Stephanie'e, take a mid afternoon break at the Armani Cafe (it's overrated but has the best people watching), have dinner at Tapeo and drinks at Sonsie (also overrated but great people watching). Boyleston Street (parallel to Newbury where the entrance of Prudential is) has other great outdoor dining options like Atlantic Seafood and Abe & Louie's (steakhouse). There are a bunch of bars/lounges in that area for afterwards.

Do not miss out on Louis Boston on Berkeley and Newbury. www.louisboston.com. They sell Proenza Schouler, Marni, Balenciaga, Roland Mouret and Zac Posen. They also have just about the best CD selection in the city.

The Public Gardens with the swan boats is nice with the hanging willow trees. I believe it's only $1 a ride.

Charles Street (between the Gardens and Park) is a quaint shopping street with quirky and preppy clothing stores like Wish.

12. In BOston there is one place you absolutely *have to go to. It's absolutely the best pizza I have ever had in my entire life and pizza I still dream of even though I am now several thousand miles away. It's called Pizzeria Regina on thatcher st in the North end and it is absolutely to die for!!! There are often lines around the block for the stuff at lunch and dinner time. People pass the time bonding over how good the pizza is! We always get a large extra cheese pizza and it's heaven....it's unlike any pizza I've ever had!

13. For shopping in Boston I would recommend Copley/Prudential Mall
    there you can find stores like NM , LV , Barneys NY Saks, Bebe, Dior, Gucci and lots of other stores. it's located withing a walking distance from Newbury Street and Boston Common , which are great tourist's attractions.
    As for dinning , my suggestion would be "Sibling Rivalry" restaurant in South End
    http://boston.citysearch.com/profile/41506107
    or any restaurant in South End for that matter - this part of Boston is something like SOHO in NYC. The Food and Atmosphere is really nice

14. I'm staying at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel and there is a finale in the hotel. I will definitely check it out!

15. Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I'm looking forward to the trip. I just hope I can get a chance to see all the sights. (I have to squeeze it in between the conference!)