Shopping Ideas for Savannah and Charleston?

1. My husband and I are heading next week to Savannah, and then up to Charleston. Do any of you have any ideas of places to shop (purses, clothes, other girl stuff) in either city?

2. I remember when I was in Charleston last year I picked up a really cool shopping / girly guide. It was called the little black book or something like that. I got it at a fondue restaurant in the old part of town but I bet you can pick it up anywhere. You're so lucky..Savannah & Charleston are my favourite places in the whole world... I wish i could live there.

3. Bob Ellis Shoes is in Charleston and they're having a sale! You must stop in! Say hello to Bill for us! (he's the internet manager)

4. Those are the places I wanted to go this summer, but we're going to D.C. and Boston instead (which I'm sure will be nice too).

5. Savannah is soooooooooooooooooo amazing, i went for the third time in April. make sure you stop by the Paris Market, it has beautiful home items, soaps and such. also the SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) student store in the historic district, they have great one-of-a-kind jewelry, art, and a few purses and clothes that were made by the school's students. i wish i had addresses or street names for these places, but sadly i don't. take a trolley tour while you're there (i like Old Savannah Tours, they're the white trolleys) and you should get a good idea of the lay of the land and see some stuff you want to try. have fun!

6. oh, and as a ps - make sure you eat lunch at Miss Wilkes' Boarding House for the best southern food in the town and try Savanna Bistro in City Market for a truly excellent meal across the board. Paula Dean's restaurant, Lady and Sons, in City Market is also reaaaaaally good but in order to have a prayer of getting in, you have to go down there in person at 3 p.m. to make reservations for that night.

7. Thanks for the great ideas! I'll let you know how I do. Tammy 518, I live in DC (actually just outside of DC in Virginia) and frequently travel to Boston. You'll have a great time!