shopbop and their inconsistent policy

1. let me start off my saying that i am usually a big fan of Shopbop. they offer free shipping and no sales tax as i live in new york. i've been a repeat customer, and have spent a good amount of money there.

i called yesterday inquiring about their price matching policy. there is a 15% off promo code at shoprapunzels.com that i wanted to use on a botkier bag. a customer rep at Shopbop.com said they would honor the discount as long as the item was identical and i place the order over the phone. i thanked her and told her i would call back as i was in a taxi at the time.

i call this morning to place my order only to be told by another cs rep that they only honor sale prices on other websites! what's the deal? i did a search on the boards where one of the members here copied and pasted an email they received from a Shopbop cs rep saying that they would honor any promotion as long as it was current!

at this point, it would be better off if i just purchase the bag from shoprapunzels.com, but they don't allow returns on handbags, and i would feel more comfortable ordering from a site that does offer a return policy. i sent shopbop a message expressing my dissatisfaction. we'll see what they say. have any of you had problems with getting shopbop to price match an item for them?

2. Hi tadpolenyc. I posted the email to which you are referring and here it is again...date and all!! What bag is it that you are attempting to order? Perhap we can find it at a comparable price (sale) at another more customer-friendly store!!!:yes:

3. Honestly you should try to find it somewhere else?? Perhaps with a bit more research you can find it at a place that has a better coupon with a FREE return shipping?

I always liked shopbop as well, especially when they don't have things that Revolve clothing and Active endeavors don't. However I hatepaying for the return shipping :sad: