Shoes in Italy & Paris

1. Have any of you had experience shoe shopping in Italy (Venice, Bologna, Florence/Tuscany, Rome, Naples and coast) and Paris? I'm going there soon and want to overspend on beautiful shoes...(dont tell hubby)...

2. I am far from an expert, but I went to Paris this summer and loved the shopping. I mostly looked at bags, but I did buy a pair of Louis Vuitton shoes that I love and wear all the time. Most of the high end boutiques are on or around rue du Faubourg St-Honore. The huge Louis Vuitton on the Champs Ellyse is worth looking at (I love their shoes much more than their bags) and Gallerie Lafayette, the dept. store, is beautiful and worth seeing although a much more hectic place than I enjoy shopping in.

You might also want to check that your credit card doesn't include a hidden international fee of 1 to 5%. Most do, you can find articles about it online. You won't even see it, they just include it when they convert. I think MBNA and CapitalOne were a couple that advertised that they don't have it. I just did a quick google and here's an explanation.
    http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20010416a.asp

Have fun! I'm so jealous. We're planning a trip to Italy next summer, so I'd love to hear about that.

3. Oh what fun!!!
    Just Beth is right about the shopping in Paris, most of the best stores are on the [SIZE=-1]Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, the Roger Vivier store there is just gorgeous as is the Lanvin store. Louboutin is off that street on [/SIZE]Rue Jean Jacques Rousseau (this is the main store), they also have another store in Saint Germain. Colette (23 [SIZE=-1]Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré) is my favorite store in paris, they carry several designers and its just set up so perfectly...OHHHHHHHHHHH I want to go!!!

Florence, the best shopping is on [/SIZE]Via Dei Tornabuoni, grt stores. check out the Versace store and the Pucci, both carry items that are not sold in the US. Siena also has some very nice shopping.

Rome stick to the area around the Spanish Steps, boring touristy area but the shopping is grt, Fendi has 3 stores there.

Have fun and make sure to keep the shoes with you so you can get cash back at the airport, remember that you need to show to the customs agent your purchases or they might not stamp your forms which means no money back!!!

4. I loved shopping in Paris! They have so many shops, everything from high end to low end. Just make sure you get the stores to give you those tax forms. Printemps has a counter that pre-prints the forms for you. I went in June and just got my refunds. It's nice to have a little cash and credit back.

5. I love shopping for shoes in Italy. On a previous trip i bought some beautiful shoes. But i cannot remember the designer. But all the shoes were hand crafted. I believe i was in Milan.

6. Thanks everyone for your replys, I have a bit of an idea of where to shop now. The only problem is packing light enough to have room for my new purchases :p

7. I just went to Italy in May! When you're in Florence, you should check out the Ferragamo SHOE MUSEUM. It's worth your time, they have a video first, and then a museum exhibit of this amazing shoes. Plus, you can see the lasts of Audrey Hepburn, Vivienne Westwood, etc. Have a wonderful trip!