Shipping out of US?

1. I have an auction up. I stated that I will ship to the US/Canada only. Two people have emailed me, one from Switzerland, one from France wanting me to ship there. I told them no...just because it seems risky and a pain.

Am I wrong? How do others feel about shipping outside the US, and what measures do you take to make sure the item gets there with proof, without a hitch?

Thanks! :smile:
  2. I'm glad you asked, since I have a listing up right now where I specified US only as well but have been gettin overseas inquiries (New Zealand and Turkey). I've decided to stick with just US, but am wondering if I did the right thing. I just don't have a lot of bandwidth for any sort of hassle right now...
  3. It's not that hard. I prefer shipping in the US because I can easily print out shipping labels and even have the mailman pick up the packages at my door. With overseas, I have to go to the post office to fill out the Customs forms, but other than that don't find it particularly difficult.
  4. I ship worldwide. However, some sellers don't like to because not all countries are paypal verified. It's really personal choice. I like to send worldwide because it opens me up to more buyers.

I ship everything usps global express, because that's the only way you can get tracking if you ship from the post office. It's pretty quick. So far, thankfully I haven't had any problems.
  5. Thank you for all the replies!

If I ship usps global express, it makes it sound pretty easy. That is what I want...proof that I sent it.

lorihmatthews does usps figure the shipping cost out for you? Can you get insurance on packages as well?
  6. I tend to ship within US only, unless international customers can provide a verified address.
  7. I almost exclusively buy and sell internationally. If you're in the US, use a method with tracking and delivery confirmation. USPS global express is great, USPS global priority is slower but also works well.
    Only the US, CN and UK can have paypal confirmed addresses, other countries like Europe can have verified addresses, so I'll always require what's possible. Never had a bad experience.
    It's easy. Why not try it?
    Good luck! :flowers:
  8. I ship worldwide USPS EMS but only accept Paypal from buyers in US, UK and Canada and only ship to confirmed addresses. I will ship outside of those but only accept payment via BidPay or Bank Wire transfer (love EuroS/ b/c I have a home in Ireland I visit often so Euros waiting for me there in my acct is nice, saves me the hassle of having to change money). So far so good. I won't take a chance with Paypal outside of their protection. I had a buyer in Austria do a chargeback on a pair of $500.00 Manolos, I lost thanks to Paypal, never again.