Shipping Debacle....

1. I need some advice, please ladies.....I am feeling really freaked out about an eBay sale!!
    On Dec. 25th...I had a winner in England for a Chanel bracelet that I listed. She paid on January 2nd. She then contacted me to ask that I send the package with a value of $50 (even though she paid $200). I am unusually anal about this type of thing, and always ship either Express or Priority with full insurance so as to protect myself. Since the buyer asked me to ship differently...I followed her $50 requirement, and shipped First Class Mail with her declared value. Well...it has still not arrived!! Go figure!!! I could kick myself for not doing it my ususal way.
    My question would be....how long is normal for First Class from the U.S. to England....and if she is the one that asked me to ship with the lower declared value...am I still liable for the full amount???? Thanks so much for your replies.....

2. So you sent it uninsured? In the UK the customs form is seperate from the shipping label so you can safely put any value you like, but am I right in thinking that USPS recently changed it so everything is on one form so to be insured you have to declare the correct amount for it to be fully insured?

3. This is what I was told at my Post Office!! It is done in the computer...with the customs form by hand. I originally tried to do it this way, and was told that my declared value had to be the same!!!