Shiny Shiny Hair

1. Hey guys, does anyone have any recommendations for shampoo or products that make hair extra shiny? I know the hair commercials have added lights etc, but man, I'd love to get nice shiny bouncy hair. I read somewhere to try the Bliss Supershine shampoo but when I smelled it at Sephora it was kind of stinky.

2. I just use Pantene's Sleek and Shine, and I get tons of compliments on my hair. You can also try Matrix. :smile:

3. I use cheap shampoo/conditionar (Suave)...but what really gets my hair shiny is a blast of cold air from my dryer when i'm done blowdrying (not just on the top, but ALL over) and Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream...love this stuff. I apply it first when my hair is half dried...then again after it's totally dried.

4. I sometimes use Ellin Lavar Liquid Glass and run a small amt. over my hair after flat ironing. It is a smoothing and anti frizz serum with pequi oil. It has a nice smell and does not look greasy just shiny.

5. If you can find it, Shiseido tsubaki shampoo and conditioner. I stumbled upon it at my local asian market and I love it. It is great for dry or colortreated hair. I don't think it would be good for fine hair though.

I am going to try the Ellin Lavar stuff. We have been having terrible humidity in NYC the last few days and I really need something to fight frizz.

6. I think Bumble & Bumble has a few products for shine. I use some of their other shampoo and conditioners and am in love with their Surf Spray. You can go to their website to see the product line and you can type in your zip and it will tell you of any salons in the area that sell them. I have heard CVS sells their products. I also think a clear glaze in the hair color section will give you that great shine. You would only need to do it once a month.

7. It is a great product. It also protects your hair if you are swimming. Just run some through upir hair right before to protect against sun salt and chlorine

8. I used Redken All Soft Shampoo and conditioner. I love it!

9. hmm i bought a bottle of organic jojoba oil, just add a few drops in wet hair makes your hair healthy & shining ~

10. I use Indian hair oil on my hair every week :smile:

11. Me too - it makes my hair super shiny!

12. I have really thick, wavy hair that is always a battle to smooth out. Here's my funky cocktail:

Towel dry hair, and use a small combo of:
    Tigi Bed Head Control Freak serum AND
    AG Liquid Varnish

...then after hair is almost done with the dryer, I use a couple squirts of Redken's smooth down Heat Glide. It's really heavy and oily so it has to be done sparingly, but that last step combined with blow drying my hair with a large round brush really helps add the shine!!

13. I use Frederic Fekkai's glossing creme, its quite good, you only need a tiny bit though

14. The only thing that really makes my hair shine are my GHD hair straighteners, they flatten the cuticle which means light reflects off your hair much better