Shiny or matte?

1. Ok. We have discussed veins in great detail but which do you prefer, shine or matte finish? I noticed a big difference in the leather on the pale pink color thread and I am curious because I was thinking of buying a pale pink bag. I knew BNY had some bags in pale pink so I called them. I asked if theirs were shiny or matte and she said somewhat shiny but that would disappear. She said the matte one I saw was probably treated (it wasn't). She implied that matte was more desirable but I personally think I like the shine in the pale pink bags better but she didn't have a purse style, which is what I really want. So which is it? Do they get more matte or more shiny over time? Which do you prefer? Does it depend on the color of the bag?

2. I LOVE my bags to be quite shiny! I really dont have any bags that are matte. But, I would think by treating a bag would make them less shiny, that's why I have never treated one. Plus, I think overtime they would get more matte, but that hasn't happened to any of my bags yet. I have an white bag, and it's still shiny. I also think how well you take care of your bag, is a factor.

3. I like my bags matte but I think colours like magenta or turquoiselook better shiny

4. I like them shiny now but it definitely depends more on the color.

5. I love them shiny!

6. Matte and smooshy is the way I like it!!

7. Both depending on the color

8. I like both, but I prefer mine shiny. I think it looks really special on the ink colour.

9. Again, depends on the color... I prefer my black bags matte. My greige bags are shiny and I love them just as much! My others are a mix. Think it depends on the color and bag. They each have their own special personality! :yes:

10. Is it true that the shine wears off? That is what the BNY people keep saying. (They are not that great of salespeople if you ask me). :smile:

11. ^ I've been wondering the same thing myself. Perhaps a shine solution could be purchased, like from LMB?

Anyways, I love love love them SHINY! Makes them look so fresh and new.

12. Shiny, which is why I was attracted to b-bags in the first place.

13. I lean toward shiny myself. I think if I had a black bag, I would want it to be more matte.

14. I totally agree! My blueberry is esp. gorgeous in all its shiny-ness!! And then there are the bags that are shiny but I can see that they would look just as great or even better as they lost their shine...like my emerald or origan! But I don't mind the shine...LMB pretreatment takes the shine out, which I don't like...but those who prefer matte bags can use it... I think the shiny coating, esp. of the newer season bags is for protection, and the more u use your bag, the matter the bag becomes!

15. I'm a matte girl, all the way. I like the bags to look more vintage and sort of bohemian luxe. But! My Lilac 06 is a bit shiny and I love her most of all...